You can easily make our wood toys with
these plans and common tools & supplies.
toymakingplans.com
View Cart
ToymakingPlans.com Homepage Shop All 

ToymakingPlans.com Wood Toy Plans ToymakingPlans.com How-To Videos News 

About and For Toymakers Around The World PDF Downloadable Toy Plans Frequently Asked Questions ToymakingPlans.com Forum 

for Wood Toy Toymakers View 

Cart
ToymakingPlans.com Bargain Basement $3 Wood Toy Plans (Reg. $4.95-$19.95)! Sign Up with 

ToymakingPlans.com and Receive 5 Free Play Pals Wood Toy Plan Set Sign Up with ToymakingPlans.com and Receive Free Freightliner Semi Truck Wood Toy Plan Set Sign Up with 

ToymakingPlans.com and Receive the Free Famous Mercedes Lorry Truck Wood Toy Plan Set
Tips for downloading & 

using PDF plans
Shop All Full-Size Wood Toy Plans
TOY PLANS CATEGORIES:

All Major Credit Cards 

Accepted
Paypal Account
NOT REQUIRED

For Credit Card Orders

ToymakingPlans.com Guarantee

Author   Comment  
Frogbucket

Reply with quote  #1 
Hi everyone.
I would like to share my recently finished 1930s Gangster Car with you all. I am yet to start making the other three models in the set, but i will eventually, like others i have a huge pile of plans still to make lol.
Like all my models i make it is made of Beech, Birch, Pine and Poplar and I have used metal washers between the wheels and Chassis and they were purchased online.
The doors were, i must admit, a challenge and im not 100% happy with the final look but i am learning each time i do "cut out features" on a model.
I will try to answer any questions you might have and your comments and feedback help me immensely so any posted would be most welcome.
All the best to you all.
Dave. 20190626_161921.jpg  20190626_162013.jpg  20190626_162245.jpg    
20190626_162824.jpg 
20190626_162915.jpg 

20190626_162608.jpg  20190626_162228.jpg

john lewman

Owner ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #2 
Both your workmanship and photography are other-worldly. Thank you for such a magnifico post!
Grandpa Bear

Reply with quote  #3 
Hi Dave, I would be more than happy if I had made this.

Looks good to me, like your wood choice, well done, keep em coming.

best wishes Nick
matthewsaad

Reply with quote  #4 
Looks great!
Wombat

Reply with quote  #5 
Dave, this looks very well made, you should be proud!
Good wood choices and a fine finish, can't ask for much more than that.
Well done .
Alan

Reply with quote  #6 
Thank you all for your kind words. I do try to use woods with good colour as i do not paint any of my models. I love using the American Walnut contrasting with the Beech as they compliment each other very well. The Poplar used on this car has a lot of variation which i think looks ok.
All the best to you all.
Dave.
Peter V

Reply with quote  #7 
Dave,

very nice build.

Would you be so kind and indicate which type of wood you used where on the car?
I am not so familiar with (all) types of wood and could learn something because, indeed, the combination of dark and lighter wood(s) ar gorgeous.

Peter V
Frogbucket

Reply with quote  #8 
Hi Peter V
The chassis and seat is Pine, the wheels are Birch, the headlights and radiator are Beech and the rest of the car are from different pieces of Poplar (Tulipwood). I forgot to mention the Walnut that I used for the sides of the engine block in my original post.
Thank you for your question and your kind words. I hope it helps and I love the models that you have posted on this forum, they look amazing
Dave
phantom scroller

Reply with quote  #9 
Love it, excellent work.[thumb]

https://www.facebook.com/Scrollsaw-Woodworker-578378898839152/
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

Noah's Animal Cracker Ark Wood Toy Plan Set
ToymakingPlans.com Homepage Shop All Wood Toy Plans ToymakingPlans.com How-To Videos News About and For Toymakers Around The World PDF Downloadable Toy Plans Frequently Asked Questions ToymakingPlans.com Forum for Wood Toy Toymakers Contact Us
  how to download toy plans royalty free policy toy safety privacy policy about us