Author   Comment   Page 2 of 2      Prev   1   2
Bucko

Reply with quote  #16 
I really enjoy the build photos, thanks for posting---
ed357sw

Reply with quote  #17 
nice job on this fun toy. I bet the new owners really appreciated it. Did you sign date the bottom or somewhere on the horse.
If this gets handed down it is nice to see when it was made and where it came from over the years. [thumb]

Reply with quote  #18 
Nice colour scheme and thanks for posting the progress shots. 
I have this plan and have it on my "to do" list for my new daughter that arrived 2 months ago. 

Long live the hand made gifts. I get so much joy from the smiles from the recipients. The hand made timber toys are appreciated more and outlast the commercial plastic crap out there.

Cheers 
Rod T
john lewman

Owner, ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #19 
Thanks for the how-to photos. I learn something from every post and this series of photos is extremely helpful to me as I design the next series of rocking horses. 
Randalsredwooddesigns

Reply with quote  #20 
I actually glued and screwed the legs onto the body. Two screws in each leg counter sunk and capped with dowels. I wanted more than just glue. And yes it says Randal's Redwood Designs on the bottom and 2015
Randalsredwooddesigns

Reply with quote  #21 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucko
I really enjoy the build photos, thanks for posting---
thanks
Randalsredwooddesigns

Reply with quote  #22 
Quote:
Originally Posted by john lewman
Thanks for the how-to photos. I learn something from every post and this series of photos is extremely helpful to me as I design the next series of rocking horses. 

I am glad if they are helpful it was a pleasure to build.
Randalsredwooddesigns

Reply with quote  #23 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod T
Nice colour scheme and thanks for posting the progress shots. 
I have this plan and have it on my "to do" list for my new daughter that arrived 2 months ago. 

Long live the hand made gifts. I get so much joy from the smiles from the recipients. The hand made timber toys are appreciated more and outlast the commercial plastic crap out there.

Cheers 
Rod T

I totally agree ha made rather than something that will just be in the dump in three years. ,
Randalsredwooddesigns

Reply with quote  #24 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ed357sw
nice job on this fun toy. I bet the new owners really appreciated it. Did you sign date the bottom or somewhere on the horse.
If this gets handed down it is nice to see when it was made and where it came from over the years. [thumb]

It has my Randal's Redwood Designs name and 2015 on the inside of one of the rocker rails.
ctowne

Reply with quote  #25 
Thanks for posting, very nice job and photos showing the progress.
Cindy
Dalboy

Reply with quote  #26 
A great looking rocker and thank you for the progress photo's as well. Nice and brightly painted this is something I find attract the children to toys
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.