Author   Comment   Page 3 of 3      Prev   1   2   3
Marc

Reply with quote  #31 
@David: I added a small block of wood, drilled a hole in it and then cut it in two. It works like a clamp. 

This weekend my nephew came over and he saw the first truck that I made. He started playing right away and called it a dump truck. So I thought... for his birthday I have to make sure that the truck can actually dump something 😃

Today I built it and I am very happy with the result. A better miter saw, better wood and my experience thanks to the first truck make it an overall better looking toy I think. I scaled it to 90% because of the wheels I bought. His birthday is tomorrow and I can't wait to see the look on his face 😃

1.jpg  2.jpg  3.jpg  4.jpg

Ccwilson

Reply with quote  #32 
That is a good modification! I love the dump bed. And the plywood looks great where the lines are!!

Very good!!
Frogbucket

Reply with quote  #33 
Hi Marc. Wow what a fantastic looking truck that you have made and I'm agreeing with Ccwilson about the lines that you have made using the plywood, it looks absolutely brilliant.
I have thought about making a tipper truck but i haven't got around to doing it yet...I love to adapt these Mercedes Plans as you can see on the attached picture and I have downscaled them down to 70% as well..

Could you also send/post the link for the 100 2in wheels that you purchased on Amazon so I can compare prices...i would pay about £70 plus postage with the guy i use on Ebay....many thanks..
All the best
Dave

Attached Images
Click image for larger version - Name: IMG_1496.jpg, Views: 28, Size: 1.59 MB 

BadBob

Reply with quote  #34 
Very nice!
Pinterest
Blogger
Forum Photo Album

LinkedIn
YouTube
Google Photos Toys Album

Marc

Reply with quote  #35 
Thanks guys! 😃

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogbucket
Could you also send/post the link for the 100 2in wheels that you purchased on Amazon so I can compare prices...i would pay about £70 plus postage with the guy i use on Ebay....many thanks.. All the best Dave

Here are the links for the wheels and the pegs. In total I paid $40 shipping towards the Netherlands, so this was a total order of $ 105 (100 pegs, 100 wheels).
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.