Author   Comment  
Bucko

Reply with quote  #1 
After participating in the Forum here for a couple of months I thought I'd like to post a couple of photo's of my intro into Wooden Vehicles. It took me nearly a decade to accumulate tooling, space and experience to make my items of today's product. The Farm Tractor and Train Engine are from an older book I picked up and the plans I transfered to 1/4" graph paper for use. To give you an idea of scale the Train Engine is 17" long and made from various wood that I've collected such as Apple[Boiler] Wormy Chestnut[Cab] and Barn Timber[Lower Body]. A Tender,3 cars and Caboose also made but no pics yet.    The Farm Tractor is 9" long and Barn TimberBody] and Cedar [lathe turned wheels] while the Trailer is 16" long, Calif. Buckeye[deck], Cedar[lathe turned wheels]. 
 I've recently become impressed and addicted to the plans here at Toymaking.com having made the Woody Wagon/Teardrop Trailer and Lathe Magic Race Car and last week purchasing the Ciccarelli Gran Prix Car. I much prefer the printout plans over the 1/4" graph paper of making the plans. Anyhow enjoy the pics as we all enjoy our Hobby here.  Enginefront_opt.jpg  tractorwagon.jpg

Udie

Reply with quote  #2 
Bucko - Nice, very nice. Excellent shine on the train as well as your workmanship on both the train and the tractor/trailer. Thanks for posting. I almost forgot about those days of graph paper plans - old school. 
DavidT

Reply with quote  #3 
I really like the tractor. The trailer deck has a nice stained look, very realistic in fact. Good work.
Jake Lewman

Reply with quote  #4 
Good job. Nice finish on the train.
Lloyd

Reply with quote  #5 
Bucko – Excellent where i lived in England they was a man not too far away from my home fred dibnah a steeplejack here had a steam train just love seeing  him with is steam train on road
PawPawRay

Reply with quote  #6 
Some great work.  Love the train.
Bucko

Reply with quote  #7 
Thank You so much for the reply post, 
  David the Wagon deck is Natural California Buckeye which has the stained effect and Lloyd awesome comment on Fred, I'm thinking he had a Traction Engine to go on the road. Once again Thanks for all the reply comments.
phantom scroller

Reply with quote  #8 
Bucko fantastic train and tractor & trailer nice wood and finish. Thanks for showing.

https://www.facebook.com/Scrollsaw-Woodworker-578378898839152/
garywisbey

Reply with quote  #9 
thats some really nice work there love the train.

Reply with quote  #10 
Bucko,

Extremely nicely made!! I would very much like to see the train coaches as well. I have also just completed a tractor and trailer and I like the wheels on your tractor. How did you make the spoked locomotive wheels!!
Bucko

Reply with quote  #11 
Thanks everyone for the great comments, Dolf here's a few pics to show you a little on the wheels, they are Maple and I turned them on the Lathe and laid out/drilled for 1/4" Oak dowell rod. I'll have to work on pics of the cars.

Attached Images
Click image for larger version - Name: trainexplode_opt.jpg, Views: 38, Size: 40.46 KB  Click image for larger version - Name: whlathe_opt.jpg, Views: 40, Size: 30.85 KB  Click image for larger version - Name: whholedr_opt.jpg, Views: 38, Size: 28.83 KB  Click image for larger version - Name: trwheels.JPG, Views: 36, Size: 98.66 KB 

Ceefa

Reply with quote  #12 
Those are pretty good photos of your toys Bucko, and I'm particularly interested in how you make the wheels on the lathe. i don't have a lathe but i love to learn from others on how they tackle different situations. I look forward to learning more from you and others in this forum.
Udie

Reply with quote  #13 
Bucko - Thanks for posting the wheel photos [thumb].
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.