Author   Comment  
ed357sw

Reply with quote  #1 
Here is one more project of my own design as almost all scroll saw patters are of revolvers (which I love LOL )

My friend is a auto pistol type of guy so I wanted to do a 45 pattern for him. This is what I come up with.
If I where to do this again I would do veining cuts (now that I mostly know how to do them LOL) to accent the pistol better.

I cut the heads off some 45 brass so that I could put them in the clock. I liked how it came out.

The text was done at our local Wood Craft store on their laser printer and them filled in with black acrylic paint.

I did a light water based stain and then put a couple of clear coats on for protection.

I'm a complete novice on the scroll saw for the most part, but I am expanding my wings a little at a time  LOL
Thanks for looking ....
IMG_4777.JPG 

Reply with quote  #2 
Nice. Just add 1 for 1911.[smile]
Pinterest
Blogger
Forum Photo Album

LinkedIn
YouTube
Google Photos Toys Album

ed357sw

Reply with quote  #3 
To funny badbob
I did not even think about at the time

Reply with quote  #4 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ed357sw
To funny badbob I did not even think about at the time

You know your a gun guy when you start to see guns everywhere. I see calibers and model numbers in street addresses, room numbers, and license plates to name a few. I think some of the license plates were intentional. THis was my first add a number and it will be a model number. Yes I noticed your user name.

Pinterest
Blogger
Forum Photo Album

LinkedIn
YouTube
Google Photos Toys Album

ed357sw

Reply with quote  #5 
BadBob,

I know what you mean about seeing calibers  everywhere. I'm always noticing something that reminds me of a gun LOL...

I did a plaque with a 357 design for me as I love revolvers. I have a pattern for some flintlocks that I want to do. it will require me to do a lot more veining cuts then I'm used to ...

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.