Author   Comment  
George

Reply with quote  #1 
I've seen many photos of work shops that people have posted and thought I would add photos of my shop to the collection.  I am lucky to have an area large enough to house all of my tools and allow me to work on a project without having to shift things around.  My shop is 15x18 with a 15x10 storage room attached.  Don't be fooled by how clean everything looks.  I spent several hours cleaning everything before my wife would let me take any pictures.  It will be back to normal in a day or two with saw dust and wood scraps scattered on the floor. 
George     Toys Without Batteries 003.JPG  006.JPG

Owner, ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #2 
You have a perfectly organized shop-and one that has one of the smartest vacuum systems I have seen. What type of vacuum unit powers the workbench lines? Thanks for posting the great photos.
George

Reply with quote  #3 
I wish I was as organized as my shop looks. The vacuum system is from Harbor Freight.  It works okay except for the chop saw and the band saw.  I plan to attach a 4" quick disconnect directly to a 4" hole in the face of the lower door on the band saw. 
George   Toys Without Batteries

Reply with quote  #4 
Nice looking shop George!

Reply with quote  #5 
Neat shop and a good use of the space above with the wire shelf.
Tony

Reply with quote  #6 
Great shop George. Good use of storage and I like the peg board, great when you need a tool that is used frequently. I agree with John, dust collection you have created is outstanding. Thanks for sharing.

Russ
gazz

Reply with quote  #7 
Nice workshop George so much space, glad you posted these pics im in the process of making the car carrier that I can see in your second pic you are too. I could only get 12mm & 3mm MDF, wasn't sure if they looked right but looking at the 3 cars you've made its about right.

Reply with quote  #8 
Nice shop. 
PaPa Jack

Reply with quote  #9 
George, do you have the PVC piping grounded?  In some of my readings it mentioned that PVC carries statis electricity  Not sure how serious that could be.  I finally decided on point of  use vacumn system and have HD vacs (2) exhaust end vented to the outside and using a small exhaust attic fan running constantly to keep the air moving.  Your shop looks well organized and I am jealous of you space !
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.