Author   Comment  
brian121599

Reply with quote  #1 
Here's my first shot at the mini constructors.  Will finish them with the mineral oil/beeswax.

Attached Images
Click image for larger version - Name: IMG_4223.JPG, Views: 83, Size: 114.98 KB  Click image for larger version - Name: IMG_4225.JPG, Views: 80, Size: 109.97 KB 

ctowne

Reply with quote  #2 
Very nice!!!
john lewman

Owner, ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #3 
These wood toy mini constuctors are so cool in natural wood. Beautifully done! Thanks for sharing and we would love to see more photos of you and your projects.
Bucko

Reply with quote  #4 
Very nice set, work looks very good and should present a good first impression to all who see this set.
dastoymaker

Reply with quote  #5 
Those look amazing, great work.

Russ
Udie

Reply with quote  #6 
Great looking build Brian.
Is that Oak I am seeing?

brian121599

Reply with quote  #7 
Thanks for all the nice comments.  Yes, you are right with the oak.  I made the large body parts out of oak, as well as pieces of the back hoe arm and bucket.  The rest is made from pine.  I wanted to have a bit of contrast.  I'm actually quite happy with how they turned out! 

Thanks again!

Here are a couple other projects I have done.  The first one is the regular size car hauler from the plans.  The second is a set I made by shrinking the plans down as was done by another member.

Attached Images
Click image for larger version - Name: LG_Car_Hauler.JPG, Views: 42, Size: 92.95 KB  Click image for larger version - Name: SM_Car_Hauler.JPG, Views: 41, Size: 145.79 KB 

ed357sw

Reply with quote  #8 
good looking mini constructors, also like the car hauler set. The colors make them stand out nicely...

Reply with quote  #9 
Very nice work.
BadBob

Reply with quote  #10 
Those are some very bright bright colors you used on you car hauler. What kind of paint did you use?

Tony

Reply with quote  #11 
Really like the paint job.
Tony

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.