Author   Comment  
Frogbucket

Reply with quote  #1 
Hi everybody, I'm back.....
I cant believe that it has been nearly a year since I last posted on this wonderful Forum. Since then I have moved house, losing my workshop space in the process, changed Carears, bad move in hindsight and we have been lucky enough to have become grandparents for the first time to our beautiful Sophia and now we are trying to get through this Pandemic as well.
Anyway I had nearly finished this model when I had to pack up the house but now I have finally finished my version of John's brilliant plan and I would like to share it with you all.
It's made of Beech, Birch, Oak, Poplar and Walnut and runs on 1 1/2in shop bought wheels with metal washers along with the axles and bits and Bob's. I have left off the rear ramp and winch and moved the cab pillars but added lights, horns and some movable barrels. It has had several coats of Danish Oil and might get a couple more....
I hope that you like it and any comments or questions warmly welcomed.
Kind regards to you all
Dave, aka Frogbucket...

Attached Images
Click image for larger version - Name: 20200624_080353.jpg, Views: 32, Size: 175.31 KB  Click image for larger version - Name: 20200624_080335.jpg, Views: 34, Size: 148.50 KB  Click image for larger version - Name: 20200624_081319.jpg, Views: 26, Size: 155.96 KB  Click image for larger version - Name: 20200624_081358.jpg, Views: 25, Size: 180.90 KB  Click image for larger version - Name: 20200624_080439.jpg, Views: 26, Size: 166.05 KB  Click image for larger version - Name: 20200624_080514.jpg, Views: 26, Size: 144.75 KB 

flamepainter

Reply with quote  #2 
Exceptional looking truck Frogbucket. The woods you used and the detail you put on it is very nicely done. Welcome back to the forum. Sounds like a lot has been going on for you recently. Glad to see you back, hope to see more from you soon.
Jim
Wombat

Reply with quote  #3 
Glad to see you back Dave.
It is a delight to see the care and respect you gave to the timbers you have used.
Danish Oil is a beautiful finish when applied to such finely sanded wood.
wwalker47

Reply with quote  #4 
Wow, Dave, that is really nice. I am doing the same project only in half scale and I hope that mine comes out half as good as yours.

My saw is a DeWalt788
Measure twice; cut once; count fingers after cut
john lewman

Owner, ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #5 
This wood toy blunt nose it out of this world. And your photos are pro studio quality. Thanks for the great post and inspiration.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.