Author   Comment  
Loggerlaws

Reply with quote  #1 
20190629_184728.jpg This is my work area that I have to share with our two cars.

20190629_184803.jpg  Work bench with a Dewalt table saw which I roll out.

20190629_185035.jpg  Saw rolled out.

20190629_185316.jpg  Thicknesser rolled out and swung up and shop vac under bench.

20190629_185347.jpg  Planer on castors which is rolled out.

20190629_185002.jpg
Drill press and compressor which rolls out from the corner.

20190629_184750.jpg  The CNC Router sunk into the bench so the bed is the same height as the bench surface and mitre saw so I can still cut stud lengths.

20190629_185359.jpg  Folding saw horses and tools around my wife inside clothes line.

20190629_184803.jpg  Tools and storage for screws etc above the bench.

20190629_185612.jpg  John's plans laid out between the knots of a packing crate, ready to cut out.

20190629_185629.jpg  Machined dunnage stacked on the floor under my car. I have to park the cars out side when I want to make toys and clean up the saw dust before I carry it inside. The garage is at the end of the carpeted hall. I was a Builder in New Zealand for 49 years and built custom built houses, so still have a lot tools and bits and pieces left over. I had to have an operation on my back and had to a new knee joint so had to sell my three car garage and move into a twenty year old house on the flat and close to all the amenities.
John, you have been very quite about CNC Routers and plans in a format for CNC Routers.

Cheers
Raymond

john lewman

Owner, ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #2 
Thanks Raymond, for sharing the detailed photos of your shop setup. I am going to be fleshing out a new workshop for our business and this is pretty much exactly what we need to put together. This is a brilliant setup and we will be using it as a guide.
Frogbucket

Reply with quote  #3 
WOW you have a very impressive workbench and I am extremely jealous.....
All the best
Dave
Peter V

Reply with quote  #4 
Raymond,

nice drill you have

Attached Images
Click image for larger version - Name: DSC07129.jpg, Views: 10, Size: 154.66 KB 

Peter V

Loggerlaws

Reply with quote  #5 
Thank you Peter, sold my old drill press which was well worn hand me down and found this one on special.

Cheers Raymond.
Wombat

Reply with quote  #6 
Raymond
Recently acquired one of those Bosch drill presses myself. A joy to use!
Same scrollsaw and sander too.
A CNC router is next on my list, but available choices seem to be either cheap, cheerful and underpowered engravers,  or very expensive, mini-professional units.
Currently leaning towards Stepcraft 600.
Like you, my space is at a premium, a 3.6m x 2.4m shed.
Then again, I expect to make the same sort of toys as you have made, so perhaps your machine type is the answer. What is it?
 Wombat
Cometoz

Reply with quote  #7 
Wombat - I have a Stepcraft 600 - BRILLIANT it is capable of some wonderful work!
I use it mainly for wood but some work has brass, aluminium and acrylic as well - wouldn't be without it!!

Tony - Sydney Oz
Loggerlaws

Reply with quote  #8 
Hi Wombat,
I am guessing that you live in Australia. I bought this CNC Router already built up from a company in the South Island of New Zealand with a standard three pin plug, Aust / NZ style. Here is a link to their Web page.https://vertigotech.co.nz/. They use a Makita RTO 700 C router which uses 6.35mm - 1/4" end mill router bits.

Cheers Raymond.
Wombat

Reply with quote  #9 
Thanks for the help Tony and Raymond

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.