Author   Comment  
JTalbot

Reply with quote  #1 
Guys and gals, I am having so much fun making toy cars, I wish I could give up my day job to do this, but I enjoy having a roof over my head and food to eat!

Attached Images
Click image for larger version - Name: black_SG_(1).jpg, Views: 78, Size: 107.69 KB  Click image for larger version - Name: black_SG_(2).jpg, Views: 78, Size: 101.17 KB  Click image for larger version - Name: black_SG_(3).jpg, Views: 76, Size: 102.91 KB  Click image for larger version - Name: ocean_mist_SG_(1).jpg, Views: 81, Size: 114.54 KB  Click image for larger version - Name: ocean_mist_SG_(2).jpg, Views: 83, Size: 112.02 KB  Click image for larger version - Name: ocean_mist_SG_(3).jpg, Views: 79, Size: 112.03 KB  Click image for larger version - Name: ocean_mist_SG_(4).jpg, Views: 76, Size: 84.27 KB  Click image for larger version - Name: racing_SG_(1).JPG, Views: 81, Size: 126.86 KB  Click image for larger version - Name: racing_SG_(3).JPG, Views: 79, Size: 113.87 KB  Click image for larger version - Name: racing_SG_(4).JPG, Views: 61, Size: 119.73 KB 

ed357sw

Reply with quote  #2 
JTalbot,
Thats a fine looking set of cars.

I still remember my first toy car made. It's so cool to make something with your hands. It was even better when my (at the time ) 3 yr old grandson saw it and the smile on his face was all i needed to make a whole lot more ...lol

Reply with quote  #3 
These are really well finished beautiful looking toys. What wood did you use and did you spray paint them?

john lewman

Owner, ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #4 
Beautiful work my friend! And I love the finish, colors and especially the racing decals. Well done! We all hope to see more of your work in the future.
ctowne

Reply with quote  #5 
Nice set of cars. 
Rod T

Reply with quote  #6 
These are a great set of cars.

I too, would love to give up my day job and make toys all day, but alas, I am in the same boat of having to keep a roof over my head.

Cheers
Rod T

Bucko

Reply with quote  #7 
Darn nice, Nicely done on the wheel look I'd like to use that look in a complimentary way.
JTalbot

Reply with quote  #8 
Thanks for all the compliments! Ceefa, I used poplar and maple for all the parts. The cars are primed, sanded and then painted. Bucko, please by all means use my wheel design. It's easier than you think!
I have a play pal coupe version of this car coming soon.
Jeremy

Reply with quote  #9 
Really nice. Like the wheels and the decals.

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.