Author   Comment  
Bourbon

Reply with quote  #1 
My girlfriends daughter is pregnant, With me locked down until last week. I amazed myself with how productive I have been. My woodworking, to me anyway, I think has improved. I have to work on my finishing. I'm too impatient to wait. baby walker1.jpg 
john lewman

Owner, ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #2 
That is a wonderful gift and beautifully done. Where did you find the wheels and what materials and paint was used? Thanks for sharing this. Love it.
stonie

Reply with quote  #3 
looks great little ones will lov it.
Bourbon

Reply with quote  #4 
John. I'm in the UK. The wheels are from Hobbies, a big crafting online place in the uk. They sell the axles, which are silver steel, and the end caps. Unusually the wheels and endcaps are UK made. ironically the wheels are made about 6 miles from where I live! I am in discussions about sourcing directly from them. The starlocks with caps are also made in the UK, but their minimum order is 5000 pieces! They are used for pram wheels as well so are safe enough to use. The paints are a mixture of Rustins water based gloss paint and acrylic 'tester' pots. with a coat of water based varnish on the top. 
Wombat

Reply with quote  #5 
Hi Bourbon
Nothing like putting in the hours to improve one's skills.
 This walker trolley is  really good. You have got the proportions and angles right and the paint finish is well done.
I hope you are pleased with it, your customer should be too.
Bourbon

Reply with quote  #6 
Thank you for your kind words, The angle of the handle took some working out, Too far back and the thing will tip.
Martin L

Reply with quote  #7 
Hi Bourbon,
Next project is a set of coloured blocks to fill the tray with.

Martin.
marter1229

Reply with quote  #8 
what a great build![cool]

Reply with quote  #9 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin L
Hi Bourbon,
Next project is a set of coloured blocks to fill the tray with.

Martin.

My girlfriend is keen to help on this project for new granddaughter, She is a bit handy with a sewing machine. We have decided that fabric blocks will be a good idea as they will be soft with no sharp edges, and won't hurt when she throws them at her big sister!
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.