Author   Comment  
john lewman

Owner, ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #1 
We are working with Noel to develop this 1940 era farm pickup and we request your feedback. It will be launched with a similar design 1940 Woody Wagon with canoes on top. I hope to post the basic design for the Woody Wagon this week. The promo will include both plan sets ($24.95 value) for $12.50. The wheels are 1-1/2" and the sets are the same scale as the Hot Rod Jamboree plan sets.
1940 farm pickup.jpg 

Bucko

Reply with quote  #2 
Always nice to see pick-ups from the 1940’s Era, this pick-up looks great for a build and should be an interesting combination with the Woody Wagon/ Canoes.
TomDullage

Reply with quote  #3 
Stop it John, I've already got too many plans to build! [nono] [smile] Seriously, though, this looks like another great design, can't wait to see the woody.

Reply with quote  #4 
I am really liking this.

Definitely going to get this plan.

Only thing that I can think of is the running boards are going to be tricky to glue on.
Wondering if they are going to be strong enough.
I can see a workaround, where a dado is cut with a table saw, all the way through the base and then the running boards could be one piece glued into the dado underneath. 

Cheers
Rod T

john lewman

Owner, ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #5 
Thanks Rod T, your solution is a good one. We will consider it. The way we resolved it was to make the chassis block at 1/2" thick by gluing up three 1/4" thick pieces the center piece goes all the way across the full size piece and sticks out on each side to form the running boards. The running board grain then is left to right and makes a strong part.
1940 farm pickup 2.jpg 

Rod T

Reply with quote  #6 
Perfect solution.

Cheers
Rod T
Rosiejane

Reply with quote  #7 
I really like this one John. Another one to add to my list.

Reply with quote  #8 
I was asked about the "Red Christmas Pickup" that seems to be popular now. This would be PERFECT for that!!!
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.