Author   Comment  
toolow

Reply with quote  #1 
Just have a quick question before I jump into building the Semi--On the tractor, did you use a Forstner bit to make the wheel wells in the frame block?  Just trying to do things right the first time before I improvise!
cynthia lewman

Owner, ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #2 
Hi toolow,

Yes, we did use a Forstner bit for the wheel wells. We included instructions on how to cut the fenders block using a Forstner bit on page 24 of the plan set. We'd love to see your photos posted after you complete the build!

Cynthia
toolow

Reply with quote  #3 
Cynthia
  My plan was to use a hole saw of the correct size and follow the axle hole with the pilot drill on the hole saw. Then clean out the wheel well with the Forstner bit assuring accuracy of the wheel in the wheel well. Just my way of doing things!  Since I use hole saws to make my wheels, I plan on using the 3/4 thickness and give the truck a little "meatier" stance!  Will post pictures as I progress.  toolow
kenbod

Reply with quote  #4 
Can you please confirm, on the plan to drill the wheel recesses it states drill rear axle drill 1/2" deep and front axle 3/4" deep, but in written instructions it says drill 3/4" in all 3 places. Which is correct.
Thanks
Ken Bodkin

Owner, ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #5 
Hi Kenbod,

Great catch! The wheel wells should all be 1/2" deep.

Cynthia
kenbod

Reply with quote  #6 
Thanks Cynthia
After looking at plans should have realised.

I have posted photos of models  on another post.Look forward to many more hours building plans

Just starting Freightliner Will post as progress

Reply with quote  #7 
I have the plans for this project. I have some really cool ideas for the trailer. I will post pictures soon.
Jeremy

Reply with quote  #8 
Have acquired a piece of oak Stair rail which looks like a tanker body. Now looking to convert trailer chassis to accomodate this. Makes model making more fun

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.