Author   Comment  
JTalbot

Reply with quote  #1 
IMG_0116.jpg  IMG_0117.jpg  IMG_0118.jpg  IMG_0153.jpg 
Hello, sorry I have not posted in a while, been busy in the shop. Every year my church has a silent auction, to raise money for our youth missions trips. I have been donating woodwork for about eleven years now. This year I decided to donate a toy barn, truck, and some farm animals. The plans for the barn and the truck came from a magazine article, American Woodworker. The farm animals came from Toymaking.com. I am sorry the pictures are crude, but things got down to the wire and the product went from the shop to church. There wasn't a whole lot of time to take some nice detailed pictures.
Jeremy IMG_0149.jpg  IMG_0150.jpg

Reply with quote  #2 
Hi , very interesting .  It looks very well cut and jointed ...the finish is great too . Excellent job .  Douglas
Udie

Reply with quote  #3 
JTalbot - Both the red barn and truck show some great workmanship. Nicely done. Your purpose for building these is also inspiring. [thumb]
ctowne

Reply with quote  #4 
Nice!!   It is a good idea putting a loft areas in the barn, it adds more gluing surface and added squaring stability.   Cindy

PS  The truck is great too!!!
phantom scroller

Reply with quote  #5 
Great projects, skilled work.

https://www.facebook.com/Scrollsaw-Woodworker-578378898839152/
pdaunno

Reply with quote  #6 
Great job!  Great cause!  I love the truck! [biggrin]  Could you provide the magazine issue number that it was in?

Reply with quote  #7 
Thank you everyone for the kind comments. Couple of things I wanted to mention. The truck is made from cherry and walnut with wheels made from maple. And it was finished with Cynthia's paste wax, and I love the way the cherry just popped! The barn does have a loft which was added after the sides were glued together. I held the barn square with braces made from 3/4" plywood. pdaunno, the issue was Woodworker's Journal Nov/Dec 1992. If you can't find it, let me know, I can send you the pdf article, which was downloaded from a site which I can't remember, it was public domain. The pdf was crude, so I created a 2d cad drawing, which I would be willing to share, no strings. I also have a drawing for the barn if anyone is interested, again no strings. Just happy to share.
Jeremy

Reply with quote  #8 
Jeremy,
I found the PDF online - thank you!  I would love the 2d cad drawing and will PM you.

Reply with quote  #9 
Paul, I r,lolead your message first, then this one, lol
Jeremy

Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.