Author   Comment  
Daniel L Abbink

Reply with quote  #1 

I recently bought these desk at an auction. total cost $15. also my method of grooving my wheels. I don't know why the first picture is upside down. 

. 1552784205239 (1).jpg  20190316_174007_HDR.jpg  1553825604465 (1).jpg  1553826269208 (1).jpg   

Owner, ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #2 
I love the desks. I wish I could have that kind of luck! That's a slick way to groove wheels. Is that a set of hack saw blades that I see in the grooving block?
Rod T

Reply with quote  #3 
That's groovy . [biggrin][biggrin][biggrin][biggrin][biggrin]

Sorry, couldn't help myself.

Great way to put grooves in the wheels

Cheers
Rod T

Daniel L Abbink

Reply with quote  #4 

Yes John those are hacksaw blades.  I marked the grooves on the wood using a factory wheel then cut the grooves with my band saw and inserted the blades , also made a couple extra grooves for wider tires.

Thanks Rod

Reply with quote  #5 
Can never grab too many desks, I always say.

And I love the wheels [thumb]

Reply with quote  #6 
Thanks Doc   I watch Craigslist every day. We also have an online auction here I'm always looking for items of good wood I can cut up. I have a pretty good supply now, 95% of the wood I use is reclaimed. 

Reply with quote  #7 
Great looking shop Dan! And a great place to "retire" to (in more ways than one) when the time comes.

Though born and brought up in UK (where, generally speaking, the houses are quite small) I now live in Switzerland (where the rooms are generally larger than in UK houses, and where, unlike the UK, most houses have cellars - basements).

So all in all I'm quite happy with the amount of space I have for my "man cave", but I must say that just about every time I see US and Canadian shops I come over all jealous about the "aircraft hangars" you blokes generally seem to have to play in. Same in Australia too.

Nice.

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.