Author   Comment  
dannyboyparker

Reply with quote  #1 
I like the slight taper on both sides a hood top, looks like a gentle upside down v, and it's so smooth that it looks like it was bought that way.  Any ideas on jigs and ways to gently slope surfaces will be much appreciated.

Owner, ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #2 
Hi DannyP,
   We'd like to answer your question but we don't know what toy you're referring to. Can you provide more details?
dannyboyparker

Reply with quote  #3 
I didn't buy this plan.  A friend gave it to me when I was stationed in Germany.  It's about 12" long x 6" wide car.  I emailed a photo to Udie, since I'm not proficient on this yet. From the photo you can see the shape of the hood top, like a wide upside-down "v"  looks more like this ^ but pretty wide.  I feel kind of apologetic about being so out of touch with technology right now, sorry.

Reply with quote  #4 
DanP (dannyboyparker)
Got your photos - thanks. Looks to me to be a solid block of wood. What I need from you are the dimensions - Length x Width x Height of that component. I will make one, take photos as on how I did it and post the process as a PDF here.
Udie

Reply with quote  #5 
dannyboyparker (Dan)
I have created an instructional PDF, which I hope, helps you on how-to manufacture the bevel angle for the Engine Hood component.
It is titled "15 Degree Engine Hood Block" and is posted as a new topic in this section for other members and guests to view also.
Enjoy
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.