john lewman
Well, I am back on the Mini series again. This pickup is about 6-1/2" long with standard 1" wheels and axle pins. The chassis is two layers of 3/4" MDF laminated together. the sides are 1/4" MDF. The various details are scroll saw cuts into the chassis and sides. The grill and tailgate are 1/4" MDF. The finish is all spray can painted before glue assembly. The glue surfaces were not painted for strongest assembly. These are a really quick and easy build-great for the hot days in the shop this Summer.

This set will include 4 or 5 plan sets-pickup-ambulance-SUV Police Car-Fire Truck-SWAT vehicle. These prototypes will be posted as they are developed.

I would appreciate feedback on these before I go any further. Thanks!

mini wood toy truck 001.png  final model 004.png  final model 005.png 
Grandpa Bear
Yep, count me in, this one looks great, I'll definitely buy a set of plans.

many thanks Nick
rob41245
Great timing! I just finished your last special -Road construction crew". Looks to me like the fun just continues.
Fantastic!
Rob
john lewman
A shot of the Police SUV
Research_009.pngResearch_010.png 
LeftFinger
Love the SUV The RCMP use F150s as highway patrol as well
Camnight
John these will be great good size, i have all your plans and i am sure i will buy these also.
I post some pictures of the the Crew Truck from the Mini Constructors Plan that i chance a little but are great sellers, they are 6-1/2" long. I am sure i will have just as much fun making these. Sorry about Photo they are not my best. 
                                             Thank you George Click image for larger version - Name: IMG_1045.jpg, Views: 39, Size: 188.79 KB Click image for larger version - Name: IMG_1039.jpg, Views: 40, Size: 237.23 KB Click image for larger version - Name: IMG_1014.jpg, Views: 49, Size: 269.89 KB Click image for larger version - Name: IMG_0991.jpg, Views: 48, Size: 211.77 KB Click image for larger version - Name: IMG_1055.jpg, Views: 43, Size: 236.25 KB
rdredge
These are great!  Can't wait.

Rose
john lewman
Rose, I love these.Well done.
JTalbot
Now you have my attention!
Jeremy
BadBob
John,

Something about the wheels doesn't look right to me. Maybe the hubs are to big for the wheels or maybe its the doughnut wheels are a little to small. I can't put my finger on it.
LeftFinger
Hubs stick out too far
Loggerlaws
I all so think the hubs or wheels look wrong and maybe you should be able to look right through the windows.

Cheers
Raymond
BadBob
LeftFinger wrote:
Hubs stick out too far

I think that's it. The hubs are so big it makes the wheels look small.  If I were to make these, I would have to do something about that.

I'm thinking 1-inch threaded wheel with a solid axle would look much better.  TWT100 on craftparts.com. Easier to build too. You need to accurate drilling holes for axel pins, or all four wheels will not touch the ground.
john lewman
Great input. We will find better wheels and also cut through the windows. Craftparts has a 1 inch treaded wheel but it is a 1/2 inch wide. I will order some and see how they look cut down to 3/8 inches wide. I will also sand down the axle buttons to about 1/8 inch thick.
john lewman
Prototype update: Treaded wheels and modified axle pins. I like your suggestions a lot and they really improved the design. Thanks loads! I will make these modifications on all five vehicles.
Research_011.png  Research_012.png  Research_013.png