Author   Comment   Page 3 of 3      Prev   1   2   3
Grandpa Bear

Reply with quote  #31 
Personally I like the hand made look, any light brush marks don't bother me, even when I've bought hand made gifts for the house. I plan on doing the best finish I can achieve for each piece I make. The finish on your toys Bob show me that you put a lot of effort into the quality of your work.

Thanks for the reply John.
BadBob

Reply with quote  #32 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandpa Bear
Personally I like the hand made look, any light brush marks don't bother me, even when I've bought hand made gifts for the house. I plan on doing the best finish I can achieve for each piece I make. The finish on your toys Bob show me that you put a lot of effort into the quality of your work.

Thanks.

I try to do the best I can and improve the process at every opportunity.

I'm continually trying out new (to me) ways of doing things. There are a bunch of toys around here that I made so that I could test a new idea. I got so many of the laying around I started putting them in my shop and have sold several of my experiments. I'm continually looking for faster methods that do not compromise on quality and slowly getting better at it.

I like seeing the wood grain, but not so much the brush marks.

Pinterest
Blogger
Forum Photo Album

LinkedIn
YouTube
Google Photos Toys Album

AJ

Reply with quote  #33 
G'Day,
To add to Bad Bobs comments on the finish on his toys. I only use food safe oil as my finish (Not by choice but regulation) the most common comment I receive is that the toy reminds them of the Toy there Grandfather made them when they were Young and very often the sale is guaranteed.I think Nostalgia is a big seller of wooden toys.
Because all my toys are made from Tasmanian specialty timber also helps with sales and saves production time which is fine by me.
AJ
john lewman

Owner, ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #34 
Exploded view of the Police Road Service Truck design. Research_029.png 
Research_027.png

Meds853

Reply with quote  #35 
Much better with Windows cut out!
Camnight

Reply with quote  #36 
John they are looking great, cannot wait for them to come out,  George [thumb]
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.