Author   Comment  
GaryL

Reply with quote  #1 
Thanks to all who commented on my start on Noah's Ark. It's really fun. The plans are easy to follow, giving the sequence. Otherwise I'd be lost at this beginning stage of toy making. I've done all kinds of woodworking, but now that I've found toymakingplans.com I'm spending much more time in my shop than I ever have. The toys are like a magnet that keeps me at them. Gary

Attached Images
Click image for larger version - Name: IMG_20160328_1448367_rewind.jpg, Views: 56, Size: 598.83 KB 

Tony

Reply with quote  #2 
Looking great there Gary. All there plans are great and easy to follow.
Tony

Owner, ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #3 
THat is an inspirational photo-a noah's ark on the workbench is one of the most motivating images for getting out in the shop and a starting up the scroll saw. Please post more photos for us. This was better than hot chocolate this morning to get me going.
Glebecraft

Reply with quote  #4 
Looking good Gary,thanks for sharing

RegardsGraham
GaryL

Reply with quote  #5 
My Noah's Ark construction continues. The ark itself is almost done. I plan to paint it bright colors. The original story of Noah's Ark has two versions, one with two of each animal and the other version with seven of each clean animal and one of each unclean animal. I'm going with the "two of each animal" version. I have half of the animals done. But, I'm going to make the other half 10 percent larger, so we can tell the males and females apart. Not sure that's important, but it's my little contribution. Having great fun. Gary

Attached Images
Click image for larger version - Name: IMG_20160404_1230136_rewind.jpg, Views: 44, Size: 595.46 KB 

john lewman

Owner, ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #6 
Thanks so much for sharing. This is the first Noah's Ark I have ever designed and it is a lot of fun and education to see it being built by you. It has been a favorite toy for many years and examples of it exist all over the world. Your photos are inspiring and make me want to get back to the drawing board and finish up some of the other arks I have designed.
dastoymaker

Reply with quote  #7 
Nice work, well done. Looking forward to finished Ark.

Russ
Udie

Reply with quote  #8 

GaryL - this is really coming along.
Looking forward for the next Forum post.

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.