Author   Comment  
BadBob

Reply with quote  #1 
I'm 68 and my wife is 67. They don't want us leaving the house. My wife is working from home and my grandson is with us. I'm doing home schooling and trying my best to keep him out of grandmas hair so she can get her work done. Keeping my grandson busy in the house and figuring out the home schooling stuff is rough. Normally when my grandson is here we take him somewhere he can run and burn off some energy. We can't do that now. While I am writing this he is pestering me with April fools jokes.

We can leave if we need to get groceries, go in to work or other necessities so we are not totally locked down yet.

We are prepared for this sort of thing having lived in hurricane country for most of our lives.

jlcrafter

Reply with quote  #2 
Thank you BadBob. Our hearts are with you and your family. I totally relate to how stressful it can be when trying to manage children who are bored and anxious. When my brothers asked me to watch their kids when I was young I was really stressed by it. The 3 brothers have a total of 17 kids!

My one son was like raising a best friend. He is on the front lines working as a radiology tech in a large Hospital. The hours he works are long and demanding with no breaks in the schedule. He is 54 and I worry a great deal about him.

These are difficult times. Cynthia and I have been isolating ourselves for 3 weeks now. We are safe so far with no symptoms. And thankfully we truly enjoy each other throughout the day.
Grandpa Bear

Reply with quote  #3 
Glad you and Cynthia are well John, that's the main thing. Stay home and stay safe, best wishes to you both from the UK, Nick
Peter V

Reply with quote  #4 

hello folks,

Me and my wife are also staying home and we watch after our grandchild due to the fact that both my son and daughter in law are medical doctors, working shifts of 12 hours (and more) daily.

Take good care of yourself(s) and stay home at home.  

Reply with quote  #5 

Hello Folks,

we stopped watching after our grandson due to increasing risks. Youngsters (hardly) get infected, but picking them up at ther parents, who ar both medics, working in Covid sections of hospitals, then there is a severe change of being infected. My wife and I are both in our 60, so having greater risks.

It is absolutely no good feeling at all (to say the least), not to see the little one. And also not knowing for how long.

Stay safe, stay at home and take care.

Reply with quote  #6 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter V

Hello Folks,

we stopped watching after our grandson due to increasing risks. Youngsters (hardly) get infected, but picking them up at ther parents, who ar both medics, wordking in Covid sections jof hospitals, then there is a severe change of being infected. My wife and I are both in our 60, so having greater risks.

It is absolutely no good feeling at all (to say the least), not to see the little one. And also not knowing for how long.

Stay safe, stay at home and take care.

Sorry to hear that, Peter. We are still keeping my grandson about half the week as we usually do. There is no one else that can do it. If we could not see him for a month, that would be rough.

Peter V

Reply with quote  #7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadBob

Sorry to hear that, Peter. We are still keeping my grandson about half the week as we usually do. There is no one else that can do it. If we could not see him for a month, that would be rough.

BadBob,

In that (your) case I would sincerely think about keeping your grandson the whole week with you, as not to say for the complete period until it is over. The risk of infection and (elderly) age (60+) seems to be great.

Due to the fact that the duration-period is not known, my son and wife, being the parents of our grandson, chose for the option to keep him at home, first and for all due to the combination of the greater risk towards us, as elderly, getting infected and the greater change not to survive it.

For vital occupations, there are special children-care-facilities opened or those facilities that are there, are just opened only for those occupations and other parents are not allowed to bring their children.

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.