Author   Comment  
wwalker47

Reply with quote  #1 

This is Osin’s Hot Rod VW Bug. Great little project as small as it is it went together well.

I even used some sawing technique I saw in one of Udris’s videos. For example item #3 is 5/16” wide and of course I did not have that width so I used my table saw and measured from the rip fence to the blade 5/16”. Since the board on the other side of the saw blade was so close to the blade I hot glued a bigger piece to the one I want to cut to keep my fingers out of that blade. That technique worked very well and I will use it again.

Any way I did enjoy building this VW. I painted with acrylic paint and sprayed with glossy polyurethane.

Thanks for lookin’

Attached Images
Click image for larger version - Name: 100_4321.JPG, Views: 92, Size: 49.37 KB  Click image for larger version - Name: 100_4323.JPG, Views: 92, Size: 44.50 KB 

My saw is a DeWalt788
Measure twice; cut once; count fingers after cut

Tony

Reply with quote  #2 
Hey bill nice job, I like the paint job. There sure is a lot of help on this site. Thanks for sharing.

Owner, ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #3 
This is wonderful. I love the Osni VW and it is fun to see what you have done with it. Thanks for the tip on the hotmelt setup for making thin parts on a table saw. That is brilliant.
dastoymaker

Reply with quote  #4 
Great build, nice work.

Russ
ctowne

Reply with quote  #5 
Very nice.  like the colors and it looks like a fun little car.  thanks for sharing.
Cindy
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.