Author   Comment  
toesy

Reply with quote  #1 
toesy-VW-Bug.jpg

Here's a photo of the Scroll Saw Magic Osni's VW Bug that I made.

Udie

Reply with quote  #2 

Thanks for posting the photos tosey. The bug looks super and I see you even made the wheels the same same as Osni. It is a sharp look. The Mini looks great also, nice job, sound design. The lettering and numbers look super also. Nice way to personalize a toy, good idea.

osni chioveto

Reply with quote  #3 
Obrigado Toesy, fiquei muito feliz por você.
É muito bom saber que você se inspirou no VW para construir o MINI.
Também achei uma boa idéia escrever no aerofólio traseiro.
Parabéns pelo trabalho.
Osni Chioveto.

Thanks Toesy, I was very happy for you. 
It's great to know that you inspired in VW to build the MINI. 
I found also a good idea to write on the rear spoiler. 
Congratulations for the work. 
Osni Chioveto.
toesy

Reply with quote  #4 
Wow, I am taken aback.
Thank you so much Osni, lovely to converse with you, sorry I could not reply in your native language.
Glad you found an idea from me, I can only learn from you.

toesy - I took the liberty of translating your post for Osni, hope you do not mind - Udie
tomei a liberdade de traduzir seu post por Osni, espero que não te importas - Udie

Uau, estou surpreso. 

Obrigado tanto Osni, é um prazer conversar com você,

desculpa eu poderia não responder em sua língua nativa.  

Que bom que você encontrou uma idéia de mim, só pode aprender com você.

Udie

Reply with quote  #5 

Osni   … Welcome, glad to see you are on the Forum.

Osni... Bem-vindo, fico feliz em ver que você está no fórum.
FYI
For those to you who wish to communicate with Osni, his native language is Portuguese (Brazil).
We have sent many e-mails back and forth. What I do is type my e-mail in English and then highlight what I have written. Right click the mouse and select from the drop down menu 'Translate'. Then highlight the translation, copy and then paste under my English text.
And bingo ... I am now sending an e-mail in Portuguese.

osni chioveto

Reply with quote  #6 
Obrigado Toesy
osni chioveto

Reply with quote  #7 
Obrigado Udie, vou tentar pelo menos uma vez por dia entrar no forum.
Osni Chioveto
osni chioveto

Reply with quote  #8 
Udie Thanks, I'll try at least once per day entering the forum. 
Osni Chioveto
toesy

Reply with quote  #9 
Osni, e obrigado também (Osni, and thank you also)

Udie - not sure what you have installed, or what email client your using, I didn't get that option. But translate.google.com is pretty good alternative for me.
Udie

Reply with quote  #10 

toesy: Thanks for the tip. You can also use Microsoft Word, type your text and then "Right Click" your mouse and select "Translate". On the right hand side of the screen you will define translate "from" and "to".
Once that is done the translation appears in a small box below it. Now you and copy and paste it into your Word document. It does not like and show many paragraphs, so you might have to do the above steps for each paragraph.  The best thing is ... you can now highlight your English text and translated text, copy and past it right into this Forum Reply box. A couple more steps to do but at least you can communicate with other nationalities. Enjoy.

garywisbey

Reply with quote  #11 
that vw bug looks great love the detale on it .

Reply with quote  #12 
An e-mail to Osni cam be done in your own language and when Osni gets it on his side he translates it to his language then he replys in his language and using the Bing translator I translate what he has replied back to me into my language. I am very great full that there is an online translator because it allows us to talk to others in our language while they can talk in their own language and we both understand what each other is saying.

May be this will help others do what I have learned to do with translator programs:

1)Take the Left Mouse botton and at the beginning of the sentence, paragraph or page place the cursor while holding down the Left mouse button make sure that you see the area that you want translated turn blue.

2) Now that the area is blue let off of the Mouse button and push the Control button (Ctrl) and the letter key C at the same time.

3) now go to the top of your page where you have you search engines(I use bing but Google is good also) and type in Translator.

4) when you get a translator like I use bing translator got to their page and you will have an area to place what it is that you want translated in this area I place my Cursor and then push the Control (Ctrl) Button and the Letter Key V and all of a sudden there will be what you first copied to be translated into your own language.

Control + C = Copy
Control + V = Copy of a Copy

THis can be used in a lot of different places when you want to copy something and place in in your printer to be printed and it will also help if you are editing an article and you want only parts of that article, If one has never used these commands then it is worth while getting to learn how to use this short cut and then you will find yourself using it a lot.
Doc

Reply with quote  #13 
It looks to me like toymaking and woodwork in general seems to transcend all language barriers [thumb]
Great work, in anybody's language.

Reply with quote  #14 
I really love how you added to the cars with cutouts and initials. This really shows skillful art in toys. Great job. - Lloyd
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.