Author   Comment   Page 2 of 2      Prev   1   2
ctowne

Reply with quote  #16 
Wow is right on the detail of the mayan/Aztec? calendar. 
neild321

Reply with quote  #17 
Yep, that's the Aztec calendar.

Cutting the calendar is kind of an unofficial but universal "Hey, my CNC finally works!" statement. [biggrin]
PaPa Jack

Reply with quote  #18 
Quote:
Originally Posted by john lewman
Hi Neil,

This is quite an accomplishment and a beautiful model. For your information, the design is owned exclusively by toymakingplans.com so you can freely post your information about CNC here in this post. We look forward to learning more about these amazing tools and techniques. If there is enough interest in the forum community we will create a new category called CNC Toymaking Projects. What do you all think?

I know all of the advantages but I really hate to see it become so accepted as the mainstay of woodworking.  It is getting to be a lost art and this will just push it along.  Still like to create with my hands.
PaPa Jack
JTalbot

Reply with quote  #19 
As a CAD/CAM engineer, I would love to see this new category on the forum. The price range and the learning curve is still a little steep for most hobbyists and diy'ers. But as with anything else in life, it will get easier soon. I think the hard part will be learning the software, and how the cnc machine operates. I would love to have my own machine in the shop.
Jeremy 

Owner, ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #20 
Thanks for the input Jeremy. We will set up the category in the next few days.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.