Author   Comment  
TomDullage

Reply with quote  #1 
Having completed a flatbed version of the big wrecker truck, for my grandson, he then wanted a car to go on the back! It was his idea to build a large version of the red playpal car that I'd made for my granddaughter, so that's what I've done! It's basically a 300% replica, with a couple of mods, such as open windscreens, front and rear, inset wheels and a bit of interior (I hesitate to say detail!)
I used 18mm MDF, with wheels cut from some scrap timber and steel rod for axles, as that's what I had handy.
To be honest, I should have made it 400%, as it looks a little small on the back of the truck!

Attached Images
Click image for larger version - Name: D75_0891.jpg, Views: 50, Size: 175.09 KB  Click image for larger version - Name: D75_0892.jpg, Views: 51, Size: 209.97 KB  Click image for larger version - Name: D75_0913.jpg, Views: 52, Size: 170.93 KB  Click image for larger version - Name: D75_0919.jpg, Views: 54, Size: 149.81 KB 

Bucko

Reply with quote  #2 
Impressive build, thanks for the post as I really enjoyed it- well done indeed.
john lewman

Owner, ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #3 
This is such fun! I love the new design and the excellent detailing. Thanks for posting the pro photos and info.
Rod T

Reply with quote  #4 
An Excellent resize mod. 
The way that you cut the guards out to fit the wheels works really well. 

Might have to try this.

Cheers
Rod T

TomDullage

Reply with quote  #5 
Thanks for the comments, it was a fun project. I used a hole cutter to make the wheels and used the same one to cut out the wheel arches, just cut and sanded a little extra at the bottom edges to complete them.

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.