Author   Comment  
PaPa Jack

Reply with quote  #1 
OK, I guess I am the only one that had a fit with the new P-38 toy plan.  I have never tried to make a toy that every cut was absolutely critical to another part fitting.  I have met my limitations HA !  I did try to increase the pattern to 125% ( I wanted a bigger plane) and there was NO way the plane would rest level on the wheel configuration.  Has anyone made the pattern size and make it sit up-right.  I thought about using smaller wheels on front and lead weights in center fuselage but neithor worked.  Has anyone been successful with this toy and give me some hints.  I absolutely love the plane ! Thanks
ctowne

Reply with quote  #2 
I haven't tried yet.  I do love the plan, thanks for the warnings, I have a natural aversion to cutting on the lines so I will be very careful and let you know how it goes.  My intent make it the first time plan size. 
TTT2014

Reply with quote  #3 
I haven't started my plan yet and was wondering about the increase in size myself, thanks for the information about the increase to 125%
I am with Ctowne about making the plan set directions the first time.  I have found it much easier to do the plan set first then make notes about any future changes in any upcoming build.
Would you happen to have photos of your build?
Thank for the information and I too love the plan set
PaPa Jack

Reply with quote  #4 
IMG_1678.JPG 
PaPa Jack

Reply with quote  #5 
IMG_1676 (2).JPG 
PaPa Jack

Reply with quote  #6 
Hope the pics stayed on  still learning how to do this.  
Udie

Reply with quote  #7 
PaPa Jack
Nice - really nice.
Is this built as per the plan or did you increase the size?
Are you going to put the paper pattern on it too?
dastoymaker

Reply with quote  #8 
Looks like it turned out really nice. Are you going to leave it natural wood or paint it?

Russ
PaPa Jack

Reply with quote  #9 
Glad to see new plan, thanks  I will build the first one to orig plan and see how it works.  Will probably also do one at 130% or so.  would be able to charge a little more and it is the same amount of work.   Maybe less since small items seem to be harder for me.  I will try the paper pattern but will leave the larger one natural but with the bees wax/oil finish.  I am not into painting yet.  Not sure I will takes so much time and I have seen it buff off when kids play with it.  The wax/oil really preserves the toy and som far most of the adults love the natural finish.  Do not want them to look store-bought.  (Plus I am NOT a good painter)  Hope to hear some successful P-38 stories before I embark on mine.  

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.