Author   Comment  
Garrymac

Reply with quote  #1 
Just completed this build. 2 tractor trailers and 4 loaders. Need to stain the loaders yet. Fun build. Took about 3 weeks for me.

Attached Images
Click image for larger version - Name: 20180623_123331.jpg, Views: 82, Size: 3.68 MB 

harry

Reply with quote  #2 
Very nice Garrymac
Trav

Reply with quote  #3 
Nice.
Do you stain a lot of the toys you make? Do you finish them with anything else?
john lewman

Owner, ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #4 
Thanks Gary for the great photos. This is an inspirational set of toys and we all would love to see more photos of your work on this. Some individual shots of each toy and perhaps some human hands on one or two to show scale. We have unlimited storage on the forum so post as much as you can and want. We love seeing your work.
Garrymac

Reply with quote  #5 
I stain maybe 30 percent. Here is a shot of items made. Some have paint, some are stained. Also on the hi-loader i used some deck plastic eopd. For the joint that would turn the front wheels. Here is a close up of that piece

Attached Images
Click image for larger version - Name: 20180602_135446.jpg, Views: 48, Size: 3.75 MB  Click image for larger version - Name: 20180619_120309.jpg, Views: 47, Size: 3.41 MB  Click image for larger version - Name: 20180619_120240.jpg, Views: 43, Size: 3.01 MB 

john lewman

Owner, ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #6 
Great work Gary. Thanks for the wonderful photos.

ss

Frogbucket

Reply with quote  #7 
Hi Gary, great work on this Peterbilt 389 and its trailers and loads. So many models in 3 weeks, i lift my hat to you Sir.....I am just finishing my second Peterbilt but just the Tractor, I haven't made the trailers or loads yet as i keep getting distracted. I really enjoy making these plans and looking at your attached pictures i have just realised how big the Super Mack Trucks are compared to the 2 Peterbilts next to them on the shelf....OMG...lol. I will need to scale those ones down when i start making them...
I will post pictures of mine asap but well done to you as yours look fantastic...
Dave
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.