Author   Comment  
BadBob

Reply with quote  #1 
I don't see anywhere else to put this so...

Is anyone using the photo album?

If you go to any users profile you will see a photo album. It works. I uploaded a photo and played around with it some. Flailed around a bit trying to find someone using the album but no joy.

dastoymaker

Reply with quote  #2 
I didn't even notice it. I will check it out.

Russ
john lewman

Owner, ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #3 
Hi BadBob,

Feel free to start a new topic under toymakingplans.com Plan Set Projects and also upload these fun photos to that topic. You could call it BadBob's Photo Album of Toys or something like that. We want members to be able to find it. For some reason the profile album isn't ever used but we get thousands of visits a month to the toymakilngplans.com Plan Set Projects category. 
Bucko

Reply with quote  #4 
I use the Album and at times check for others when I see them post
Brian Lambert

Reply with quote  #5 
I also use this feature and have posted some of my work. I like looking at the completed projects of the other members to get ideas from and also to decide what plans I may purchase next.
BadBob

Reply with quote  #6 
I've been playing around with the photo album this morning. Its a bit tedious to use much like posting a photo in the forum. You can only add one at a time using the same interface the forum posting use. If you want to add multiples you can upload them one at a time and then post them all at once. Be careful if you do this. If you mess up you will loose your uploads. By mess up I mean leaving the page by accident. Clicking the back button  will not get the uploads back and you will have to upload them all over again. It will let you upload duplicates. I have several cloud storage sites I use for photos. Most of them will not let you upload duplicates. The few that do look like hard drives and if you ad a duplicate it must be in a separate directory. Being a Linus/Unix/Storage Systems programmer I can tell you with some confidence that using deduplication on these really only have one copy with pointer table that tells the system which directories it's visible in. All that is beside the point. I should not be able to upload the same photo multiple times in the same album.

Nice to have features: T

1. Every time post a photo in the forum the photo would show up in the photo album.
  2. Some way to post comments on the photos. These could show up as new posts in the thread where the photo was originally posted.
  3. When posting in the forum there should be some easy way to link to a photo in your album. Maybe even another members album. You can link to the image now but its not very easy. May be there is a way to do this already that I didn't see.

Just thinking out loud.

John, I think I'm going to take you up on you suggestion.

Tony

Reply with quote  #7 
I use the photo album and have a lot of picture now that you reminded me I'll add some more.
Tony

Owner, ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #8 

I enjoy looking through the members' album photos. The albums are a great source of inspiration for all of us. Feel free to create an album and upload lots of toy related photos. We have a large amount of memory available for photos and look forward to seeing a lot more participation in the Albums section.

Tony

Reply with quote  #9 
That's quite a collection of really nice toys. Thanks for sharing.
Tony

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.