Author   Comment   Page 4 of 4      Prev   1   2   3   4
ctowne

Reply with quote  #46 
Just fantastic - you have provided valuable info and an awesome example for my attempt at this plan.  You have set the bar high my friend. 
Dalboy

Reply with quote  #47 
Well worth all of the effort you have put into the build. A magnificent build and complete toy/model

Reply with quote  #48 
A big time Thanks for the recent replies to the finished Pirate Ship. I was so very glad that my post may be of some help to those yet to make this fine ship or help get past a troublesome issue. One other note, this Ship is wonderfully designed for strength as well as looks of which is a quite impressive detail in itself.
ed357sw

Reply with quote  #49 
another really great build and insight on building this fine craft

Thanks for taking the time to show these progress steps

Reply with quote  #50 
I had some free time so I'd thought I would add 2 pictures of the finishing which is coming along well. I've applied 3 of my expected 4 coats of the Gloss Clear Polyurethane with the 4th being applied late this evening. The Cannons were fine with 2 coats and the Pirates may have to be re-done as the finish on the Redwood I made then from is quite dark now and they look Gloomy along with Scary. 
  I chose using the brush over spray as with the hight heat outside here now I could do the brush application in the basement and also I have better control of runs with the brush whereas I've found with a larger item as this ship I get runs easily with the spray can.
 The wood is finishing in color contrast as I expected and I'm very happy with this build. Thanks one and all for your replies and views. finish2_opt.jpg   finish1_opt.jpg

john lewman

Owner, ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #51 
This is the most amazing set of posts. I love what you have done and your photos are fantastic. Blackbeard would have been proud to display this masterpiece!
Peter B

Reply with quote  #52 
And this is why i tell people you should never paint hardwood cause the natural colours are beautiful.
I especially like the dark patches on the upper decks.
[cool][thumb]
Andrey

Reply with quote  #53 
Добрый день. Мне очень понравилась ваша работа, она профессиональна. Подскажите какую компьютерную программу вы используете для разработки шаблонов. Спасибо. 
griff2379

Reply with quote  #54 
Hi All
I hate to be a pedant. This boat is short of fore sails (jibs ) and a bowsprit.
It will fill the empty space that exists at the bow and will be more true to a vessel of this type.
I know it is a toy but it looks(to me)unbalanced without the foresails that "balance" the pressure of 
mizzen and main sails.
Cheers
Griff
john lewman

Owner, ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #55 

You are correct in your evaluation. The modifications were made based on the design being for a toy. Thanks for posting!

JTalbot

Reply with quote  #56 
I have built that one. it was a fun build. I should do another one.
Jeremy

Reply with quote  #57 
this is really beautiful, well done!! really great work and this post is actually a manual of how to do it with a lot of interesting details along the way!! i built this ship with some extra add-ons but used plywood. lots of fun building it
Bucko

Reply with quote  #58 
 I‘m sure your build brings a smile of satisfaction ! Thanks so much for the complimentary post of my build - Bucko
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.