Author   Comment  
toolow

Reply with quote  #1 
I took the Play Buddies Truck Crane and "tweaked" it to my liking.  I used 3/4" stock for the wheels and fenders since I like the stout look.  Wheels were so easy to make with a hole saw that I now have enough for at least 10 more trucks.  My little "toy tester" requested a dump truck so I used the crane truck frame and made a dump box.  It looks right and works, and it made my tester happy! I shot a coat of polyurethane to help keep fingerprints off and make cleanup easier.  I expect these to see  quite a bit of use!  20161009_163239_resized.jpg 20161009_163328_resized.jpg 20161009_163336_resized.jpg  
      20161009_163358_resized.jpg 20161009_163840_resized.png 20161009_163807_resized.png 

Rod T

Reply with quote  #2 
Nice work Toolow
Great wheels and the dump truck mod looks pretty cool

Cheers
Rod T

Peter B

Reply with quote  #3 
Love the tweak and the trucks
ctowne

Reply with quote  #4 
These are great and I do like those wheels.  Your sanding makes things look like silk. 
john lewman

Owner, ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #5 
This is a nice set of trucks. I am going to have to get busy and make plans for a dump truck like yours!
toolow

Reply with quote  #6 
Thanks for the complements--Just getting started into the toy building season nowwood done.jpg  that my "summer chores" are done!woodcutting.jpg
Bucko

Reply with quote  #7 
These are nice trucks and " Welcome " to your build season, By the way that's a good idea on using the pallets for the firewood rack.
ed357sw

Reply with quote  #8 
nicely done.

They look ready for some rough play....

thanks for sharing

Reply with quote  #9 
well done Toolow look good.

George
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.