Author   Comment  
BadBob

Reply with quote  #1 
I decide to paint the wheels on this one to use up some of the mismatched wheels I had laying around. This was one of this pieces of pine you get some times that are a pain to deal with. Not one of my better trucks but the playability is just as good.

20170104-180546 Monster Truck - Wooden Toy Truck - Toy Truck - Wooden Truck - Play Pal - Pickup - Handmade - Handcrafted - Wood Truck - Wood Toy.jpg

Attached Images
Click image for larger version - Name: 20170104-180921_Monster_Truck_-_Wooden_Toy_Truck_-_Toy_...ck_-_Wood_Toy.jpg, Views: 7, Size: 373.54 KB  Click image for larger version - Name: 20170104-180941_Monster_Truck_-_Wooden_Toy_Truck_-_Toy_...ck_-_Wood_Toy.jpg, Views: 5, Size: 370.43 KB  Click image for larger version - Name: 20170104-181012_Monster_Truck_-_Wooden_Toy_Truck_-_Toy_...ck_-_Wood_Toy.jpg, Views: 6, Size: 385.04 KB  Click image for larger version - Name: 20170104-181028_Monster_Truck_-_Wooden_Toy_Truck_-_Toy_...ck_-_Wood_Toy.jpg, Views: 6, Size: 378.82 KB  Click image for larger version - Name: 20170104-181055_Monster_Truck_-_Wooden_Toy_Truck_-_Toy_...ck_-_Wood_Toy.jpg, Views: 6, Size: 358.38 KB  Click image for larger version - Name: 20170104-181118_Monster_Truck_-_Wooden_Toy_Truck_-_Toy_...ck_-_Wood_Toy.jpg, Views: 5, Size: 409.66 KB  Click image for larger version - Name: 20170104-181138_Monster_Truck_-_Wooden_Toy_Truck_-_Toy_...ck_-_Wood_Toy.jpg, Views: 5, Size: 371.07 KB  Click image for larger version - Name: 20170104-181218_Monster_Truck_-_Wooden_Toy_Truck_-_Toy_...ck_-_Wood_Toy.jpg, Views: 5, Size: 369.00 KB 

Pinterest
Blogger
Forum Photo Album

LinkedIn
YouTube
Google Photos Toys Album

john lewman

Owner, ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #2 
Your wood toys just keep getting better and better.
ctowne

Reply with quote  #3 
Hi Badbod - you do great on all of these, they are very impressive.  I know what you mean by that one piece of xxxx wood that acts crazy.  When you paint, do you put shellac on top of the paint?  Your tip on the nylon washers in the other post was helpful.  thanks. 
BadBob

Reply with quote  #4 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctowne
Hi Badbod - you do great on all of these, they are very impressive.  I know what you mean by that one piece of xxxx wood that acts crazy.  When you paint, do you put shellac on top of the paint?  Your tip on the nylon washers in the other post was helpful.  thanks. 

In this case I did put clear shellac over the paint. I've been experimenting with this mostly because the toys I have made for grandson that were painted with flat craft paint will leave marks on the other toys if not coated with something.

Glad the washer info was helpful. Once I had decided that the nylon was the way to go the had part was figuring out the metric sizes to get. Fortunately everything I picked worked. If you order them off eBay order a bunch of them it takes weeks to get them here through china post.

Pinterest
Blogger
Forum Photo Album

LinkedIn
YouTube
Google Photos Toys Album

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.