Author   Comment  
nzflyer

Reply with quote  #1 
Hi there my name is Steve and I am from New Zealand , I just started to make toys over the last couple of months for my grandson of 7 months. I have now made  number of the Play Pals which were  great starting project for me. The wheels posed a slight problem as we don't have the great range of wheels available here, so I had to settle for home made slab wheels. Anyway I really just wanted to say hi and comment on the fantastic plans I have seen on this site. ( I have made several purchases to date) bat car 005.jpg    
Tony

Reply with quote  #2 
Welcome to the forum, nice job on the play pals, nice paint job as well

Tony

Reply with quote  #3 
Hi Steve, welcome to the forum. Nothing wrong with those slab wheels, they look pretty good.

Cheers
Rod T
john lewman

Owner, ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #4 
Welcome to the forum and thanks for posting such a carefully and skillfully executed photo. The slab wheels came out perfectly and your wood toy finishing technique is superb. How did you make those cool wheels and what method did you use for getting such a perfect finish? I love the playful colors. 
ctowne

Reply with quote  #5 
Welcome and that is a great set of play pals. 
Cindy
ed357sw

Reply with quote  #6 
Welcome Steve,

Thanks for sharing a great set of toy's.

Reply with quote  #7 
Hi thanks for all the high praise, I really enjoyed making them, they were great for building up skills on the scroll saw and router, the wheels were made from a 18 mm hole saw and sanded of on my bench drill, I was able to sand 4 at a time so it take to long a gather enough to do all of them, the Play Pals were sanded with 180, 240 grit and 1 undercoat and 3 top coats, sanding in between coats. I pinched a lovely paint brush out of my wife's art set to paint with, which give a good result.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.