Author   Comment  
KellyBurnsNKY

Reply with quote  #1 

Been messing with these for a couple of years.  I was recycling the scraps from cutting board glue-ups in the first versions, but I have been doing a lot of Bourbon Barrelhead projects.  Rather than cut the the warped or crack pieces into Smoker Fuel, I started making these.  I have a version of Carpet Buddies I am working on as well.  I modified these so they are all about 6 inches long and I can use a 1/4 Spiral Bit on. They also use a 1" Wheel instead of 1.5" called for in the plan.  Big difference in price at my supplier and liked how these look.  

This are finished with my shopmade Cutting Board paste. A blend of Mineral oil and Local Beeswax. Adults pick these up in my booth and at least half will say something about them feeling good or feeling soft.  

Barrelhead Cars 1.jpg  Barrelhead Cars 2.jpg  Barrelhead Cars 3.jpg 

BadBob

Reply with quote  #2 
Nice. How did you make the bags?

wmgeorge1

Reply with quote  #3 
Kelly -

I like the packaging for these lil cars, this was the first toys I tried on the CNC.

I see a wine barrel head under them, this is somethings I have been doing on the heads.

Awesome job.

IMG_3361.jpeg 

KellyBurnsNKY

Reply with quote  #4 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadBob
Nice. How did you make the bags?

The bags are one of the details I like to focus on.  Packaging and presentation is usually what people comment on when I post my stuff on Social Media.  

I actually lasered the image onto the bags, but I doubt I will do that if I sell these in any significant quantity.  I will likely create a Stamp on the CNC and pay my kids to stamp them.  The laser is definitely a faster and cleaner option, but I don't want all that wear and tear on my cheap little laser. 

Here are the bags I purchase: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00QBKTOG4/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I use these for all kinds of things so I always have a few dozen in the house.  They are great when you are giving little trinkets (handmade or not) as gifts.   

Kelly

KellyBurnsNKY

Reply with quote  #5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmgeorge1
Kelly -

I like the packaging for these lil cars, this was the first toys I tried on the CNC.

I see a wine barrel head under them, this is somethings I have been doing on the heads.

Awesome job.

IMG_3361.jpeg 

I'm from Kentucky, Its a Bourbon Barrelhead 😉.  I have a few... 34050715_10213714360070860_8366905358454620160_n.jpg 

wmgeorge1

Reply with quote  #6 
Hey Kelly -

Bourbon Barrelheads work [thumb]. I live in the Napa area so..........wine barrels it is 

Bill
john lewman

Owner, ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #7 
Smart work and very inspirational.
Peter V

Reply with quote  #8 
Kelly,

nice work ....did you drank all those barrels yourself?[wink]

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.