Author   Comment  
jbowie

Reply with quote  #1 
Well the rocking horse was a slippery slope - I told myself I wasn't going to get into building toys, but what else am I going to do with all the scrap from the horse build? 

I'm thinking about trying the play pals set. Looks like a pretty easy intro and the plans came free when I signed up for the email list. Only thing is, I would like to make them bigger. Any reason I couldn't just set the printer to 200% for the patterns and build the cars using the 2 X stock? 

Would I just double the size of the wheels as well?

Thanks!

-- James
john lewman

Owner, ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #2 
We would love to see the twice scale playpals on the forum. 200% is a perfect scale-up and makes a fun toy. 
john lewman

Owner, ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #3 
We look forward to seeing your rocking horse project. Please post the photos when you get a chance!
BadBob

Reply with quote  #4 
I use Gimp to grab the pattern I want. It will let you load the specific page or you can capture it from the screen. The its a simple matter to scale it to the size you need. You might have to tweak it a little. One of the first things I did with the Play Pal plan wa blow it up to fit a 2x4 since I had wheels that would work for that size.

jbowie

Reply with quote  #5 
Thanks for the suggestions guys, look forward to giving it a whirl. John, I posted pictures of the rocking horse build in my thread "1890 rocking horse build questions"
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.