Author   Comment  
Greg

Reply with quote  #1 
I have almost finished work on my grandaughters pram so I thought that I would post a little on the work
.IMG_0100.JPG IMG_0101.JPG IMG_0104.JPG   These show how I made the wheels on the table saw with a table sled.  I put a nail hole 2" in from the saw blade and secured the wheel blank to the sled then cut the corner off rotate the blank cut the next corner  and on and on round and round until I have a 4" wheel. A little light sanding and its ready for paint
here's a couple of shot of glue ups
IMG_0114.JPG IMG_0115.JPG 
During the dry fitting for final glue up I scuffed up the paint so I will have to repaint the outside again before I put on the clear coat .
I had trouble getting the bottom and sides of bed to stay where I wanted them to during dry fit   so I added strips underneath to hold them in the proper place.
IMG_0116.JPG IMG_0117.JPG IMG_0118.JPG 
touch ups and clear coat sometime this week

Tony

Reply with quote  #2 
Looking good there Greg, thanks for sharing

Tony

Owner, ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #3 
That's some smart wheelmaking! I will be doing this in the near future. Thanks for the tip and thanks for sharing your photos and progress. We are looking forward to seeing the finished pram! Could you take a photo of it in use with a doll and perhaps a child for scale?
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.