Author   Comment  
todkarol

Reply with quote  #1 
Hi, I have the standard Porter Cable scroll saw.
But I cannot find anywhere (zip, nada, none) "pinned" PGT blades for it.
There are many for plain ends; none for pinned.
Suggestions or links? Thanks!
garywisbey

Reply with quote  #2 
hi todkarol i know john lewman the ower of this website use one of those scrollsaws might be worth you droping him a mail there also a video on the mail website under wood toy workshop on the list of videos theres one that john make a wood zoo if you look at that one he says about his scrollsaw and were he gets the blades not sure what part of the world your in.in the uk most hobby stores sell both typs hope this helps.

Reply with quote  #3 
Todkarol: PGT (Precision Ground Tooth) blades might be a trademark product name for Olson. I am not sure, but think so. Their web site does not have pinned PGT blades that I could find. You could send them an e-mail, maybe they have them but did not post it on their web site. There are other suppliers to look at like Sawbird and Flying Dutchman. My quick review of their products they also did not post PGT pinned blades only unpinned. I have and use two (2) pinned blade scroll saws and contacted the manufacture and purchased a conversion kit allowing me to use unpinned blades. You might give that a try. I am sure generic conversion kits can be purchased but the name of the manufactures eludes me right now. You could try an internet search on that topic.
That's the best I can do for you right now buddy.
Let us know how you make out.
todkarol

Reply with quote  #4 
Thank you. I was interested in this blade because the following (bottom of aqua section) says that with it, one does not have to angle the wood to scroll it, and that patterns are much easier to follow:

http://www.toymakingplans.com/website/how-to/scrollsaw-blade-how-to.html?&p=3

todkarol

Reply with quote  #5 
Ok, I am a dork. I followed the standard Man Rule of not reading instructions, and therefore did not know that my Porter Cable accepts pinless blades, also. Now the internet and the NSA will forever know that I am a stupid :-) Mea culpa.

todkarol - You sure you want to post this ... LOL - Udie
Doc

Reply with quote  #6 
You're not a dork at all todkarol - at least not until you ring your blade supplier to complain that one of their blades isn't cutting properly and you later ring back to apologise because you had the blade in upside down.
THEN I'm, erm, you're a dork [redface]
Don't ask me how I now this [eek]

Doc - Been there, done that, but I did not call the mfgr - Udie.

Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.