Author   Comment   Page 2 of 2      Prev   1   2
ctowne

Reply with quote  #16 
Louis - very good points.  When I buy a piece of lumber for a particular project I calculate how many of that specific toy I could get out of that piece to make sure my pricing is in line.  Also, you said it right, finishing by far take the most of my time but it is worth it. 
Greg

Reply with quote  #17 
I know pricing is a tough topic , but I have been asked to do a freight-liner and a howitzer and was wondering if anyone has sold these toys and for what prices thanks
john lewman

Owner, ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #18 
Depending on the workmanship and type of finish a Freightliner without the Howitzer can run $75 to $300. One of our toymakers sold one recently for $200 to a restaurant owner who drove one when he was in the service. It was finished with Cynthia's Paste Wax finish and was constructed from various hardwoods. 

A quick build out of framing lumber like fir and in natural wood should bring a minimum of $75.
Greg

Reply with quote  #19 
Thank you John. It gives me a place to start
dmjones

Reply with quote  #20 
Cindy you might want to check out your local farmers market or even elementary schools. I live a very small community and the farmers market is one day week all summer and is only $20.00 for the whole summer.

The school rents tables for a very small fee as well. They have a once a year craft bazaar.

Good luck to all of you.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.