Author   Comment  
wmgeorge1

Reply with quote  #1 
Thought I would share this wine holder prototype I am playing with, would love feedback and maybe some enhancements that could be made.... After the fact thought about duel tires in back.

Thanks all

Bill

IMG_3334.jpg  IMG_3335.jpg 

Bucko

Reply with quote  #2 
Duel tires would be awesome and maybe a cradle design bed to hold the bottle, great project indeed. Sort of like this for single bottle.

Attached Images
Click image for larger version - Name: D1973E05-E096-4D51-B882-7108C39CE582.png, Views: 8, Size: 3.22 MB 

john lewman

Owner, ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #3 
6 inch wine bottles.jpg I love the truck and dualies are a great idea. These woozie bottles are 6" tall and around 1-7/8' dia. My idea is to have another truck that has simple side racks with a group of these with something tasty in them. It Could be a fun gift for Bdays and Weddings perhaps. This is the link to buy them for about 12 bucks a set.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B016DNQUY2/ref=sspa_dk_detail_2?psc=1&pd_rd_i=B016DNQUY2&pd_rd_wg=7sH95&pd_rd_r=SGCZW0Y8M4B85K8KBNZW&pd_rd_w=ivMka

harry

Reply with quote  #4 
I agree with the other people regarding the cradle,dual wheels,and the bottles. The truck looks great.
BadBob

Reply with quote  #5 
Put your homemade hot sauce in the little bottles.

+1 for the dual wheels.  I've always thought that trucks with single wheels on the back don't look right somehow. On the practical side, it will make it more stable and I'm sure you would not want to dump this load. 

You might want to consider making where the wheels were hard to turn. You would not want your wine truck to roll off the table in the middle of the night. Some of my toys will roll off a table if it's not perfectly flat.

wmgeorge1

Reply with quote  #6 
Bucko - I had the same thought about the riser for the neck of the bottle, like Bob said, don't want the bottle falling off the truck [biggrin]

I am reconfiguring the bed now.

John - that is a great idea for the bed of the truck, use a similar config as the picture bucko showed.

Thank you all for the input, back to the design board, will show the next iteration shortly.

Bill
wmgeorge1

Reply with quote  #7 
Well here is the final version that I ended up with, pretty stable for displaying a bottle of wine.

Thank you all again for your input.

Bill

IMG_3341.jpg 

Bucko

Reply with quote  #8 
Much better, did I ever mention here on the Forum my favorite wine is a Local Dandelion wine ?
Tony

Reply with quote  #9 
That is so very cool, love it

Owner, ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #10 
You did it. The design is so right for this project. And the standard size wine bottle looks great with the truck. Congrats and thanks for sharing.
AES

Reply with quote  #11 
I'm a bit late onto this thread, and was also going to say "dual wheels at the back, AND a lengthened load bed to better support the neck of the bottle).

But it's all be said - AND, most importantly, already done! Well done too. It must be a great talking point around the Dinner table, and especially so when you can (modestly?) so, "Oh, I made it myself"!

One slight diversion - are wine bottles more or less standardised your side of the pond? Here (Switzerland), even the three quarter Litre bottles - a more of less standard measure for most wine bottles- will vary in OD, and in the length and OD of the neck - sometimes quite significantly.

wmgeorge1

Reply with quote  #12 
Thanks all for the nice comments, it was a fun project and I see a few other items that might be a good add, not sure but maybe radiator cap, headlights, little things really probably not necessary should use the KISS principle right?

Thanks again

Bill
AES

Reply with quote  #13 
Yeah, it all depends on how "fiddly-minded" you are - AND on how much in the way of bragging rights you want from your Dinner guests! But seriously, it already does look very nice and is something that would grace the right Dinner table setting. Well done Sir.

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.