Author   Comment  
john lewman

Owner, ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #1 
Hi Team, I am looking for honest feedback. We hope to launch this Peterbilt toy plan this month with a companion dirt loader. The wheels are 2-1/4" diameter. This is really a peach to build and works well with the articulated dirt loader. I will post the dirt loader first proto in a day or two.

Prototype LowBoy and Tractor.png 

Cometoz

Reply with quote  #2 
Looks great John - up to your usual high standard - looks like a reasonably straight-forward build - I think my New Zealand grandson would love i!!

Tony
phantom scroller

Reply with quote  #3 
Wow I really need to start making some trucks it looks fantastic. [thumb] I have huge todo list which stops me but in 9 month time I retire then it will all kick off. I hope![biggrin] 

https://www.facebook.com/Scrollsaw-Woodworker-578378898839152/
john lewman

Reply with quote  #4 
Thanks for the feedback. The tractor with trailer is 36" long x 7" wide x 6-3/8" tall. I will be finishing up the final pattern drawings around the first of next week. Please let me know of any suggestions or changes before then. Here are a couple of more shots of the proto. I removed that mysterious radiator cap from the hood. What was I thinking!! I also tightened up the fit and initial finish a little.

R1-Prototype LowBoy and Tractor.png  R2-Prototype LowBoy and Tractor.png

DEW

Reply with quote  #5 
Looks Great!!

john lewman

Reply with quote  #6 
This is the Dirt Loader prototype for the Peterbilt 389 Lowboy truck and trailer. Feedback is appreciated. I used the same 2-1/4" diameter wheels that are on the truck and trailer.

Hi Loader Scene File 002.png
Hi Loader Scene File 001.png 

ddilucchio

Reply with quote  #7 
This is awesome, I’m totally sold...can’t wait for the plans!
eburk

Reply with quote  #8 
love 'em

Reply with quote  #9 
Liked the truck but the Dirt Loader is stunning.
Both look simple to make with straight sides 
john lewman

Reply with quote  #10 
Thanks to all of you for the positive feedback. This has been a really fun design to create and please feel free to offer feedback today. I am finalizing the plans starting this afternoon. I will then start creating the plan set document for Cynthia to proof. She is a master at proofing and is also a skilled designer and a wise business manager. She's my Muse. I have worked happily with her every day for over 30 years. 

Hi Loader Scene File 003.png
R4-Prototype LowBoy and Tractor.png
R5-Prototype LowBoy and Tractor.png 

Daniel L Abbink

Reply with quote  #11 
I really like this John I'll buy it when I'm ready . The wife says I already have more then I can handle we'll see . I'm retiring in Jan  then I will have a lot more time to build toys .

Reply with quote  #12 
Definitely another winner John, I love it!

Reply with quote  #13 
Final prototype for the Hi Loader. I'm focusing on the LowBoy trailer final prototype today. I hope to finish the tractor prototype on Monday. Feedback is greatly appreciated.
Hi-Loader Scene Fiile 010.png 

jasonshanks

Reply with quote  #14 
I've been a fan of the big trucks since I was little and I had a great time building the Kenworth from the plans on this site.  Peterbilt has always been my favorite and you've done a fantastic job with this set John!  I'll be adding the plans to my collection as soon as they come out.  BTW...I like the build of the trailer in this set.  While the low boy trailer in the Kenworth plans was more realistic, this one looks like it will be an easier build.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.