Author   Comment  
john lewman

Owner, ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #1 
Hi Team,

We are just finishing up the Powerful Pete Six Truck Fleet and it could launch as early as tomorrow afternoon. 

This is the proposed next project and consists of 3 hot rods all on the same chassis and also a flatbed lowboy trailer to be pulled by the pickup and coupe. All 3 hot rods fit on the trailer.

The front wheels are 1" treaded and the rears are 1-1/4" treaded. The doors can be glued solid or a canvas hinge can be applied for a rugged connection.

Is this type of simple toy of interest to anyone? I will post shots of the trailer and cars together in the morning. Thanks in advance for any feedback.

hot rod trio wood toys.jpg 

Cometoz

Reply with quote  #2 
Great John - like the perspex/lexan windscreen (glued in in hope!) - neat set!! The raw wod makes them look their age!

Tony
Bucko

Reply with quote  #3 
Nice Rods and I like the plan concept , I'm thinking I'd leave the cover off the bed of the truck for an open bed look.
Wooddawg

Reply with quote  #4 
Beautiful...My kind of toy as well as mode of transportation.
john lewman

Reply with quote  #5 
These plans are the same size and similar to the Rat Rod and Blunt Nose Carrier. However, these have interiors and the option for doors that open. They could make a nice addition to the Blunt Nose Carrier plan set. I experimented with the cloth hinges and lightweight cotton cloth works perfectly.

john lewman

Reply with quote  #6 
This is the complete wood toy set including the tip-ramp trailer, coupe, roadster and pickup.

hot rod jamboree 2.jpg 

jasonshanks

Reply with quote  #7 
I agree with Bucko...the truck would look good without the bed cover.  I'll snatch these up as soon as you make them available John!
ed357sw

Reply with quote  #8 
Dang John, you took my idea LOL,

I'm in the process of doing the rat rod and the first thing I did was to cut the center so that I can add seats and other detail...

Ever since I saw the rat rod I have been thinking about all the neat mods it could have ....

Like the new concept you have show here ....

Reply with quote  #9 
I like these ones better than the Rat Rod because of the seats and opening doors etc. 

Just not too sure about the clear window on the roadster.

Cheers
Rod T

BadBob

Reply with quote  #10 
Bring it on. I like them.

Lexan is very tough and is probably the best thing you can use for a clear windshield. It's available in my area at the big box stores next to the window glass. You can buy it on Amazon and probably at most glass shops. You should read up on how to work with it before you try it. Lots of blues will not stick to it.

Team Dan UK

Reply with quote  #11 
Hi John these look fantastic I look forward to having a go at building them. Thanks
toolow

Reply with quote  #12 
I need hotrod plans!  lol
wwalker47

Reply with quote  #13 
These are looking great! These will look good with the Jag & boat I just bought.

My saw is a DeWalt788
Measure twice; cut once; count fingers after cut
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.