Author   Comment  
JTalbot

Reply with quote  #1 
I have been building toys for almost two years now, and I have purchased about twenty plans from toymaking plans.com. I have finally gotten around to building the farm tractor and animals. They were donated to our church for the annual fundraiser event, to raise money for our youth mission trips this summer. The barn in the photos is my design, the truck is based on a plan found in a magazine. The tractor stole the show! It is built of yellow cedar, red oak, pine, and poplar. Some of the poplar was heat treated before assembly. the animals, tractor trailer, and truck were finished with home made paste wax.
Jeremy

Attached Images
Click image for larger version - Name: 2016-02-27_12.34.07.jpg, Views: 92, Size: 1.43 MB  Click image for larger version - Name: 2016-02-27_12.36.46.jpg, Views: 94, Size: 1.51 MB  Click image for larger version - Name: 2016-02-27_15.18.53.jpg, Views: 88, Size: 1.45 MB  Click image for larger version - Name: 2016-02-27_15.19.00.jpg, Views: 78, Size: 1.36 MB 

ed357sw

Reply with quote  #2 
Jeremy,

Very nicely done. A lot of work and effort and I bet it paid off for your fund raiser.

I believe i have the same plans for that old truck as well, I'll have to check my files LOL

thanks for sharing [thumb]

Reply with quote  #3 
Beautiful work, I really like the old truck.

Russ
Tony

Reply with quote  #4 
I agree with Russ, I really like the truck. All show excellent workmanship.
Tony

Reply with quote  #5 
Very nice set. 
Brian Lambert

Reply with quote  #6 
Great job on the set. I'm sure it helped the fund raiser. What child wouldn't want this!
Dolf Joubert

Reply with quote  #7 
Very neatly done! I love the tractor and the truck.

Regards

Dolf
Bucko

Reply with quote  #8 
Great post, nice touch on the truck radiator. and wheels. The tractor / wagon always catches my eye and its on my want list , you did well on that one for sure.
JTalbot

Reply with quote  #9 
Thank you all for the kind responses. The set did really well. Ed, the truck originally came with a stake bed, I created the regular bed option on the fly, as time was cutting short.
Jeremy

Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.