Author   Comment  
munawar

Reply with quote  #1 
Hello everybody,
   I purchased the Quick & Easy Forklift and Van plans yesterday.  I have never worked with small pieces.  Any suggestions or jigs for these plans will be greatly appreciated.  I have bandsaw, tablesaw, scroll saw and all.  Just trying to figure out how to precisely drill holes and line up the parts.  

Udie

Reply with quote  #2 
munawar - The fork lift is a great plan set and I am looking forward to making a couple also.
Hole drilling - well my friend it is really not that difficult. Looking at item 1,2 and 5 I would drill the holes first into a block of wood and then scroll the profile on the band saw or scroll saw. Let's use item 2 for example. We know you have to start with a block of wood 1-1/4 x 1-1/2 x 3-1/16. Quick measurements tell me that the 3 holes are about 3/8" from the right edge. The top hole and the bottom holes are also about 3/8" from their closest edge and the center hole will be half the width (1-1/2") which will be at 3/4" from the top edge. You only have to drill down about 1/2" of so, maybe even go 3/4". Then attach the pattern to the side of the block and cut the profile of the fork lift. That's you are done.
If you have a drill press, drilling these holes should be a piece of cake. If drilling by hand, that should not be that difficult also, you are not drilling that deep and should not be that hard to do.

Any other problems with you build let us know. I'm sure one of our members will jump at the chance to help you.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.