Author   Comment  
john lewman

Owner, ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #1 
This is a super-quick build for Spring 2017 Craft Shows. The chopper is 9-1/4" long and has a minimum of parts and fit-ups. The orange copter is an Air Rescue color, the green copter is Vietnam era. I am working on a similar Apache chopper and hope to launch both the Huey and the Apache together in one promotion this Spring. I need your feedback-is there any interest in this size and type of plan set? Huey 003.jpg 
Huey 007.jpg 
Huey 005.jpg 
Huey 001.jpg  Huey 002.jpg  

Miriam Janssen

Reply with quote  #2 
The design is beautiful!
Nice toys and easy to build.
Helicopters, tanks and anything else with a gun won't be on my to-do list. I prefer cars and dollhouse kind of stuff.
Not because I am a girl but because I think there is just enough war in the world without those toys.
But this is just my opinion.

- Miriam -

Owner, ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #3 
I appreciate your opinion and feel much the same way as you. And for years I did not include military toys in the product line. That is why I have included the emergency version of the copter shown in orange. That said, I also know that without a strong military I would not have the freedom to be a toy designer.

I include military toys to honor the men and women who literally make it possible for me to enjoy my life without the fear of invasion and terror that so many people around the world must endure today. Without our great military organization we would suffer the same dreadful fate. 
dustyoldman

Reply with quote  #4 
They work for me John. Bundle the choppers and hand held P51/47's together.

DOM
BadBob

Reply with quote  #5 
Si vis pacem, para bellum -

If you want peace, prepare for war.

This goes all the way back to the 4th or 5th century and its still true today. Probably always will be.

I spent 20 years in the USAF in air defense. Volunteered when they were still drafting people. My draft number it the lottery was 211. I wasn't going to be drafted unless WWIII broke out. My father served in WWII fought in 5 major battles and won a Bronze Star and a Purple Heart at the Battle of the Bulge.

I love the military toys. Especially, the aircraft all of them are on my to do list.  My toys mostly driven by what my grandson likes. He likes helicopters. There is a Vietnam era Huey at a park near us. He has to go see it. Thats where he got his name for them. Wop Wop!

Pinterest
Blogger
Forum Photo Album

LinkedIn
YouTube
Google Photos Toys Album

BadBob

Reply with quote  #6 
John, thank you for posting a photo of the real toy. I really liked seeing that.

Looks like 14 parts by my count.

Pinterest
Blogger
Forum Photo Album

LinkedIn
YouTube
Google Photos Toys Album

Cometoz

Reply with quote  #7 
Great simple model - I my grandchildren may even win a couple!!

T
gazz

Reply with quote  #8 
I think these are a great idea helicopters are fun toys, I think with the rescue chopper the side door should be slightly wider and perhaps with a basic dowel rod winch.

Reply with quote  #9 
John and BadBob,

I love the choppers John, looking forward to your offering. Same reason as Bob. I am an Air Force veteran, Vietnam era. My draft number was 13 and with family being Air Force had to stay with family tradition. In the end I do not regret the path, I too volunteered. My regret was being injured and not allowed to stay in.

Keep hoping you will do some multi engine cargo planes. You know John, the big ones...C141 Starlifter, C5A, B-52. Not much to them, a fuselage and 4 to 8 jet engines and lots of wheels. The cargo area of a C5A was large enough to play basketball, with 2 nets even.

Have a great evening and thanks for all ya'll do.

Note: Bob, I am your neighbor, sort of. Live between Lake City and Gainesville.

Don
BadBob

Reply with quote  #10 
Some of the newer fighters would be nice. Not models but toys you can play without worrying to much about breaking them.

How about AC-130H Spectre. It might be a little bit complicated.

Now that I am thinking about it, perhaps a series of aircraft that are all the same scale.

Pinterest
Blogger
Forum Photo Album

LinkedIn
YouTube
Google Photos Toys Album

wwalker47

Reply with quote  #11 
I like it. It is a good likeness of the UH-1's and a nice size.

BadBob, we had an AC-130A in 1968. It kicked some butt. (USAF '66 - '70).

My saw is a DeWalt788
Measure twice; cut once; count fingers after cut
Daniel L Abbink

Reply with quote  #12 
It seems  we have a lot of USAF Vets here. I'm also a Vietnam USAF Veteran.I enlisted after I was drafted my # was 10. No one likes war but it seems there is always one some were. I was proud to serve when I was called to do so. I'm proud to be an American and being able to live in freedom.Yes John  I do love your  military  toys as well as all the others. keep them coming.

Reply with quote  #13 
Hi John
Love the idea. I have found that of all the toys I build the most popular are the helicopters, whether it be the chinook or my version of an cobra. They are especially popular with lots of colour reflecting rescue, police, ambulance,  or other civilian use.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.