Author   Comment  
Bucko

Reply with quote  #1 
A couple of years ago I made the Really Wood Toy Truck Fleet using mainly salvaged Ash from picking through pallets at work. Last year I added the Ute dump to this collection and after spending occasional time during the last 6 months I now have added the Bucket truck inspired from the Really Wood Series but adding my own thoughts throughout this build.
  Overall for figuring as I went along I'm quite happy with this build and results using the same Ash for the main structure of the Truck. The Man Bucket swivels 360 degrees for effect along with stabilizer legs from Walnut.
  I've attached 2 photo's of the 3 vehicle fleet that inspired this build.   Enjoy my pictures and Thanks for viewing---   trio1_opt.jpg  trio14_opt.jpg  bucket.jpg  bucket2.jpg  bucket3.jpg  bucket4.jpg  bucket5.jpg  bucket6.jpg  bucket7.jpg  bucket8.jpg

john lewman

Owner, ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #2 
As wood toy trucks go, these examples are real keepers. It looks like a young lineman for the county is going to have a lot of fun with this bucket truck. You worked it out smartly and the fenders are a nice touch. Thanks for sharing-well done!
Bucko

Reply with quote  #3 
Thanks John, you will notice on this build various details from other builds I’ve done from your plans for a successful build.
Tony

Reply with quote  #4 
Great build and nice looking wood

Reply with quote  #5 
Love the truck Bucko!  What's the dowel near the rear axle on the underside of the truck for?  Am going to have to start looking for reclaimed wood like this.
Bucko

Reply with quote  #6 
Thanks for the positive replies, Jason that view was to show the dowell you asked about. The dowell goes through the bed with an end cap that you see to allow the mount in the bed for the boom to rotate 360 degrees .
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.