Author   Comment  
Tony Blinson

Reply with quote  #1 
Just wanted to share the Reallywood Road Crew Backhoe that I built for one of my grandchildren. He loves heavy equipment, so this was perfect for him. I plan on building the whole set for him. The plans were great and I enjoyed this project. Here is the finished product.

IMG_4302.JPG 

phantom scroller

Reply with quote  #2 
Good work,looks great,bet you had a go first.[biggrin]

https://www.facebook.com/Scrollsaw-Woodworker-578378898839152/
Tony Blinson

Reply with quote  #3 
Thanks, I think I am really going to enjoy toymaking in the future.
john lewman

Owner, ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #4 
This is a fine piece of work with high detail and artistic wood tone combinations. How did you make such precision cut parts? We would all enjoy seeing more photos of your work and of your workshop. It looks as if we can learn a great deal from you.
Tony Blinson

Reply with quote  #5 
Hi John,
Thanks for the kind words. I am new to woodworking...maybe 1-1/2 years. I have always loved building things since I can remember. This is definitely the best hobby that I could imagine. I cut all the parts with my scroll saw. I am currently building my wood shop at my vacation home and I can only work on my projects over the week end when we are there. Eventually, I will retire there and will be in my shop EVERY DAY! Can't wait for that day. As soon as I complete my shop, hopefully within a couple of months, I will be glad to post it once completed. I look forward to learning from others and sharing my woodworking experiences.  
john lewman

Owner, ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #6 
That's an exciting future! Please feel free to post the construction steps of the wood shop as you build it. We will all enjoy seeing it coming together for you. It looks like we have a lot to learn from you by the looks of your first post.
Tony Blinson

Reply with quote  #7 
I will be glad to post some images as the shop progresses. Stay Tuned!
ed357sw

Reply with quote  #8 
Welcome to the forum Tony,

Very nice first post. I can tell you from experience that you have entered a wonderful world of toy making. I retired 3 yrs ago and decided to do wood working and started making toys for the grand kids. Been doing it ever since LOL

[thumb]

Reply with quote  #9 
You are right where I want to be. There is nothing like the smiles on my children and grandchildren when they get their toys and special wooden ornaments at Christmas. It makes it all worthwhile! Enjoy your retirement! Keep making that sawdust!
ctowne

Reply with quote  #10 
Really nice - great job - keep sharing
Cindy
Tony Blinson

Reply with quote  #11 
Thanks Cindy!
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.