Author   Comment   Page 2 of 2      Prev   1   2
wwalker47

Reply with quote  #16 

Today I finished cutting everything that made up the bus and shelter. I dry fitted bus and shelter to make sure all fit together well and with a little more sanding it's on to painting then gluing.

This project was very nice to do and I thoroughly enjoyed doing it. I had to figure some bits out from the pictures that Richard uploaded to his thread. The roof was one and the stairs was another. I’m sure when the plans come out from John and company you will have no problems, with the way he dose the assembly drawings and such. I must say Richard did a great job on the line drawings not to mention the great design. I might have to purchase the plans when they are available just to see the drawings.

Attached Images
Click image for larger version - Name: IMG_0106.JPG, Views: 37, Size: 207.27 KB  Click image for larger version - Name: IMG_0107.JPG, Views: 38, Size: 211.03 KB  Click image for larger version - Name: IMG_0108.JPG, Views: 39, Size: 257.90 KB  Click image for larger version - Name: IMG_0110.JPG, Views: 38, Size: 184.71 KB 

My saw is a DeWalt788
Measure twice; cut once; count fingers after cut

Peter B

Reply with quote  #17 
Looking great Bill
Looking forward to the painting
john lewman

Owner, ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #18 
Very impressive and beautifully done work.
Tony

Reply with quote  #19 
Can't wait to see it finished.

Tony

Reply with quote  #20 

I have finished the London bus. And the best part is I had no parts left over! As I said yesterday the project was very nice to do. I had a blast! Here is a few pictures I took in me barn the bus and shelter are out there drying after a good spraying of polly. I will have better (I hope) pictures tomorrow.

Attached Images
Click image for larger version - Name: IMG_0115.JPG, Views: 47, Size: 312.27 KB  Click image for larger version - Name: IMG_0119.JPG, Views: 48, Size: 167.36 KB  Click image for larger version - Name: IMG_0124.JPG, Views: 47, Size: 133.43 KB  Click image for larger version - Name: IMG_0126.JPG, Views: 45, Size: 215.05 KB 

My saw is a DeWalt788

john lewman

Owner, ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #21 
We love your photos of this masterfully done toy. it is amazing how you were able to build this without a complete set of plans. Congratulations!

Rod T

Reply with quote  #22 
Nicely done Bill. 
I hope this becomes a plan available to purchase.

Cheers
Rod T

ed357sw

Reply with quote  #23 
Well Done Bill,
This came out really well...

Reply with quote  #24 
Excellent Bill
ctowne

Reply with quote  #25 
This is fantastic.  I loved the bus when Richard first showed us and you did great making it.  Can't wait for the plan to come out. 
wwalker47

Reply with quote  #26 

Here are the finial photos.

I would like to thank John for giving me the opportunity to make this great design form the original line drawings. I would like to also to thank Richard Pincombe for all the help he provided and, of course, for the brilliant design.

This project meant so much to me as I lived in England for 3 years when I was 16 (1963 – 1965). I rode a many of the big red buses. And I did acutely ride the 36 bus.

John, yes it would have been a little easier with your assembly drawings but getting to look at Richard’s pictures was a great help.

Thank you all for the encouraging comments.

And as always thanks for lookin’

Attached Images
Click image for larger version - Name: 100_4776.JPG, Views: 46, Size: 203.41 KB  Click image for larger version - Name: 100_4779.JPG, Views: 45, Size: 147.79 KB  Click image for larger version - Name: 100_4781.JPG, Views: 46, Size: 219.31 KB  Click image for larger version - Name: 100_4783.JPG, Views: 45, Size: 271.22 KB  Click image for larger version - Name: 100_4784.JPG, Views: 44, Size: 165.19 KB  Click image for larger version - Name: 100_4786.JPG, Views: 46, Size: 170.20 KB  Click image for larger version - Name: 100_4788.JPG, Views: 47, Size: 198.86 KB  Click image for larger version - Name: 100_4791.JPG, Views: 50, Size: 182.66 KB  Click image for larger version - Name: 100_4792.JPG, Views: 46, Size: 122.26 KB 

My saw is a DeWalt788

Bucko

Reply with quote  #27 
A well done project from start to finish in every aspect, great work Bill.
richard pincombe

Reply with quote  #28 
Bill, you have made a really fantastic job of the route master bus. I am so pleased that John gave you the opportunity to test out my drawings. I can breath a sigh of relief now that you have finished.

What a great job you have done..
Big Yin

Reply with quote  #29 
Excellent work. 
Tony

Reply with quote  #30 
Well worth the wait, thanks for all your info.

Tony

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.