Author   Comment  
mlusk123

Reply with quote  #1 
I bought this sander at Home Depot model# EB44242. The problem I having is the sanding paper stopped moving everytime you put any pressure on it. The spindle kept turning on all the drums and spindles.  I looked at a couple of forums online and a few people were having the same problems with the drum moving but the sandpaper stopping. Some of the answers Ridged shipped quite a few models with undersized drums. 

Solution: Calling Ridged support, they are sending me new drums.  Also, it's the same fix I saw in the other forums. They are sending them at no charge, however, I did register the tool when I got it. Not sure if that had anything to do with it me getting everything free of charge.  

Just wanted to put this in their cause I love this power tool. It really helps cut the sanding by hand or filing quite a bit. Hope this helps someone out their that might be having the same issues....

Thank you...Michael

Michael Lusk
Springfield, Tn. 
Disabled Vet Woodworking Hobbyist

BadBob

Reply with quote  #2 
I have one one of these and didn't have any problems with it except for the bump where the table hinges. It's not as useful as I thought it was going to be but when I need a drum sander this is way better than a drum that chucks into a drill press. 

Pinterest
Blogger
Forum Photo Album

LinkedIn
YouTube
Google Photos Toys Album

eburk

Reply with quote  #3 
You got that right Badbob!

Reply with quote  #4 
I agree

Michael Lusk
Springfield, Tn. 

BadBob

Reply with quote  #5 
I should have added that the oscillating belt sander is what made me by this one over the other sanders that are available. That and the well thought out storage.
Pinterest
Blogger
Forum Photo Album

LinkedIn
YouTube
Google Photos Toys Album

jasonshanks

Reply with quote  #6 
I have the same sander and found that issue only when I tried to use sanding drums that weren't the original that came with the sander.  I thought that the replacement drums were the problem.  I'm not sure if I would qualify for a new set since I've had the sander for years, but it is worth a try.  Thanks for the info!

To get around the issue, I wrapped the rubber inserts with masking tape until the fit in the replacement sanding drums was snug.  Once I tightened the hold down nut, everything worked okay.
mlusk123

Reply with quote  #7 
Cool Jason. This sander is supposed to have a lifetime warranty on it. So give it a try. I am still waiting on the drums they have supposed to be sending. Will call them this week for sure.....Michael

Michael Lusk
Springfield, Tn. 

eburk

Reply with quote  #8 
I also had to tighten down the bolt that held the drum in place, once I did that I did not have any slippage. 

Reply with quote  #9 
This is my go to tool for sanding, I have not had any problems with it
1948CaseVAI

Reply with quote  #10 
I love mine and have had zero issues with it.  You do have to install the sanding sleeves and/or belts correctly, including tightening as needed.  
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.