Author   Comment  
gerry

Reply with quote  #1 
hello,this is the first model I have made since an accident left me disabled 6years ago,i have limited use of my hands but it really done me good using all my tools again,i know its not perfect but I will get better,i made this for my granddaughter I hope she likes it.i used mdf as it was my first time IMG_20190625_114727_hdr[309].jpg 

Owner, ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #2 
This is wonderfully crafted. Thanks for sharing the hreat photo. If you have time could you upload a few more photos from different angles?
Bucko

Reply with quote  #3 
Yes indeed, sure is nice and awesome on you making this overcoming your challenge.
Grandpa Bear

Reply with quote  #4 
Hi Gerry, perfection depends on how critical you are. I always think I can do better and each time I make a toy I do make it better.

I would be very happy to have made this and I bet your grand daughter will love it especially as you made it for her. Be very proud what you have made for her, I think it's excellent, love the colors and detailing as well.

best wishes Grandpa bear (Nick)
gerry

Reply with quote  #5 
thanks to you all for your kind comments,will post more photos with grand-daughter sitting on it

Reply with quote  #6 
She will not notice the flaws. All she will see is the beautiful horse that her grandpa made for her. Keep 'em coming.  
Pinterest
Blogger
Forum Photo Album

LinkedIn
YouTube
Google Photos Toys Album

shedbuddie

Reply with quote  #7 
Great Job Gerry looks if it's going to gallop away
Frogbucket

Reply with quote  #8 
Wow such a wonderful rocking horse, beautiful and your grand daughter will love every bit of it....well done.
Woodcutter

Reply with quote  #9 
Great job I love the color and design you just got a pat on the back from me keep the good work
kenneth smith

Toy Wizard at ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #10 
Absolutely amazing job!
gerry

Reply with quote  #11 
thanks everybody for your kind comments it looks as though I am going to be kept busy as several of her friends parents asked me to make them one as well,still it will keep me out of mischief

Reply with quote  #12 
Gerry,
very nice build and beautiful colours.

What kind of tools did you use? Did you encouter some difficult parts to make?

Peter V
phantom scroller

Reply with quote  #13 
Don't put yourself down that looks fantastic to me a very pretty horse.[thumb][thumb]

https://www.facebook.com/Scrollsaw-Woodworker-578378898839152/
gerry

Reply with quote  #14 
hello peter v I used a bandsaw and finished the edges with a smoothing plane none of the parts were that difficult to cut which was one of the reasons I choose that model to make as it was my first attempt.thanks to you and phantom scroller for your comments.

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.