Author   Comment  
Camnight

Reply with quote  #1 
Hi guys just through I would post these Roosevelt I just finished. Bit rough around the edges, but I enjoyed making them, I am leaning a lot from you guys thanks. George

Attached Images
Click image for larger version - Name: image.jpg, Views: 84, Size: 620.53 KB 

Udie

Reply with quote  #2 
Camnight (George) - Wow, those look really sharp.
Got a couple of questions for you ...
1 - Did you use different stains or different types of wood on the fenders, lights, bumpers, wheels and exhaust vents ... or ... did you heat treat those components?
2 - Most importantly, love the open windshield - how about letting us in on how you accomplished them.
That is really top notch modification to the plan set.
Camnight

Reply with quote  #3 
Hi Udie thanks for the comment. The dark timer is red wood off a pallet, it is heat treated for fenders. The lights, bumpers and vents are popular heat treated.. The windshield I drilled a hole at each side with a drill as wide as the the windshield, and square it up with a rasp,file and sand paper. Hope that help explain as I am not real good at writing things down.George

ctowne

Reply with quote  #4 
Camnight - nice job and thanks for the explanation on the windshield.  I've been trying to figure that one out for a minute without adding a too much time or additional pieces.  The openings look perfect.  thanks for the idea.  And I like the heat treated wood with the natural, looks great
Cindy
Udie

Reply with quote  #5 
George - Thanks for the wood type breakdown, great info. Glad you tried heat treating with great results using different wood types.
The windshield detail sounds like another labour of love, but what a fantastic detail to add to this plan set.
Camnight

Reply with quote  #6 
Udie - yes it is a labour of love out of 14 grandkids I have one little girl that keeps asking where is the windshield poppy.
Had lot of practice with the wood treating over doing it manely the wheels, but got it sought of right in the end.
Cindy the windshield is fast and easy once you do the first one,the drill take out most of the wood. George
Bucko

Reply with quote  #7 
Those are some very nice cars.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.