You can easily make our wood toys with
these plans and common tools & supplies.
toymakingplans.com
View Cart
ToymakingPlans.com Homepage Shop All 

ToymakingPlans.com Wood Toy Plans ToymakingPlans.com How-To Videos News 

About and For Toymakers Around The World PDF Downloadable Toy Plans Frequently Asked Questions ToymakingPlans.com Forum 

for Wood Toy Toymakers View 

Cart
ToymakingPlans.com Bargain Basement $3 Wood Toy Plans (Reg. $4.95-$19.95)! Sign Up with 

ToymakingPlans.com and Receive 5 Free Play Pals Wood Toy Plan Set Sign Up with ToymakingPlans.com and Receive Free Freightliner Semi Truck Wood Toy Plan Set Sign Up with 

ToymakingPlans.com and Receive the Free Famous Mercedes Lorry Truck Wood Toy Plan Set
Tips for downloading & 

using PDF plans
Shop All Full-Size Wood Toy Plans
TOY PLANS CATEGORIES:

All Major Credit Cards 

Accepted
Paypal Account
NOT REQUIRED

For Credit Card Orders

ToymakingPlans.com Guarantee

Author   Comment  
Iggy

Reply with quote  #1 
I need a bit of help. I am trying to make a new set of garden furniture out of Oak and had the idea to try and make it look like Rattan. all was going well until I had to sand all those thin strips 1/2" wide x 1/8" thick. the face of them is not to bad coming off the floor saw but I need to just take he edge off the corners, it gives them a better, softer look and eliminates any potential splinters. The first lot I did by hand which took my fingerprints off to the extent that I can't use my prints to open my phone anymore,[frown] Funny, yes I agree but there must be a better mechanical way of doing it without taking off my fingertips on the belt or bobbin sanders, in other words, I need a Jig. Garden Bench.jpg

Reply with quote  #2 
Have you looked at sanding mops? They will take the fuzz off and round the corners nicely. I haven't used a sanding mop for anything this large but, they work great for smaller things. I have one of these.

Klingspor Sanding Mop.jpg   

Pinterest
Google+
Blogger
Forum Photo Album

LinkedIn
YouTube
Google Photos Toys Album

Iggy

Reply with quote  #3 
Thanks Bob. I know of them but never used them before, that looks like the answer to the problem. I am not trying to sand the whole box, just the thin infil strips. there are hundreds of them.

Reply with quote  #4 
Sanding mops are very aggressive when they are new. You need to break them in. I just let one chew on a 2x4 for a while.

If you are too heavy handed or try to sand at the wrong angle and the catch they will take the piece away from you and throw it across the room.

They can also be used to sand the fuzzies off of fretwork and sanding small parts is easy.

I sanded all the parts for several of these skeletons with a sanding mop. The hands are about 1/2-inch long.

20180916-151957 - Halloween Skeleton Poplar 644455509.jpg 

Pinterest
Google+
Blogger
Forum Photo Album

LinkedIn
YouTube
Google Photos Toys Album

Iggy

Reply with quote  #5 
Wow Bob. 
            I recently made 4 of these skeletons, for my daughters, they both teach and wanted them for class. 2 of them I put together and the other 2 I left in bits so they could ask the kids where the bits belong, they went down well. I used 3 holes per joint and drilled down through the top of the head and put a 3/4" Fostner bit in the back of the head to meet the down hole  then put my hanging string in there. Great minds think alike. thanks for the info, I am off to Screwfix to get a mop today. Keep the chips flying.
  Skelly.jpg

Reply with quote  #6 
Is there a pattern for the large skeleton?

I might need to make one or two.

My skelleton is about 14 inches tall when assembled.

Pinterest
Google+
Blogger
Forum Photo Album

LinkedIn
YouTube
Google Photos Toys Album

Iggy

Reply with quote  #7 
Bob.
           I got the pattern Free from the Scrollsaw Workshop. Steve Good runs it and puts out a free pattern, all S/Saw based nearly every day. It is well worth signing up, it is free and there is a Forum there as well if you are so inclined. There are going on for 2,000 patterns there. he lives on your side of the pond so a fair bit of his stuff is American, he puts no constraints on the numbers you make and I have used his site for the last 3 years or so. Let me know how you get on.

Reply with quote  #8 
Got it thanks.
Pinterest
Google+
Blogger
Forum Photo Album

LinkedIn
YouTube
Google Photos Toys Album

Iggy

Reply with quote  #9 
The plan is called Woody, Try this Link  http://www.stevedgood.com/woody.pdf

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

Noah's Animal Cracker Ark Wood Toy Plan Set
ToymakingPlans.com Homepage Shop All Wood Toy Plans ToymakingPlans.com How-To Videos News About and For Toymakers Around The World PDF Downloadable Toy Plans Frequently Asked Questions ToymakingPlans.com Forum for Wood Toy Toymakers Contact Us
  how to download toy plans royalty free policy toy safety privacy policy about us