Author   Comment  
TommyT

Reply with quote  #1 
I made these little guys this morning from Scrap wood flooring.  I'll probably blow up the pattern and make some a little larger.

Attached Images
Click image for larger version - Name: 11087805_10152722409283093_7703774485208069604_o_Fotor.jpg, Views: 81, Size: 393.14 KB 

ctowne

Reply with quote  #2 
Love It!!!  It is great that we can take all kinds of scraps and make them into something fun.  Thanks for sharing.
Cindy
Udie

Reply with quote  #3 
TommyT - Mirror image Bat Cars perfect and from scrap flooring even more perfect - bonus.
One question, knowing that most flooring is either hardwood or engineered wood and  most of which have a really shinny bottom surface. Did you do anything special in gluing the pieces together? That's assuming that the cars are wider then the width of one piece of flooring.
TommyT

Reply with quote  #4 
Udie,,,I laminated two piece of 1/2' flooring for these.  The shinny "wood" surface is on top and the bottom is plain untreated hardwood.  I glued the two untreated surfaces together so that the Wood-like appearance is on both sides of the car.

The end grain which is the top, front, back and bottom of the car was sprayed with lacquer and it really looks nice for these kinds of projects.

Attached Images
Click image for larger version - Name: IMG_1935.JPG, Views: 37, Size: 86.35 KB 

pdaunno

Reply with quote  #5 
Excellent use of scrap - thanks for sharing Tommy!
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.